• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

firm rear shocks?

90volvo

redone the front end about a year ago and installed AST struts and replace all the bushings. A few months later I redone the rear. Same thing replaced bushings and bought HD springs (it sagged in the back) and installed OEM Monroe shocks. Which were junk.
Recently pulled them off and installed a new set of shocks that I had laying around. Had no idea what they fit but they measured the same as stock. Comparing them to the oem monroe they were alot better They are better but the back end is still awlfull bouncy. I cant afford the high dollar shocks. I just want to stiffen it up some. My family all piles in with me alot. They fight over who rides up front cause the back end will bounce you around.

I bought a 245 a while back that came with KYB gas-a-just shocks in the rear and it wasn't bouncy. Definitely firmer than others I've driven.

The Gabriel Ultra shocks from Autozone are pretty good for a cheap shock.

I like my Gabriels. That said I did have one of the rears start leaking on me but was warranteed by RockAuto. Now they don't have anymore Gabriels for the 240's. Thinking next time KYBs that
Kenunot mentions or Bilstein TCs

I like my Gabriels. That said I did have one of the rears start leaking on me but was warranteed by RockAuto. Now they don't have anymore Gabriels for the 240's. Thinking next time KYBs that
Kenunot mentions or Bilstein TCs
I have a set of kybs and they're actually pretty descent

That car came with overload springs and road like a truck when I got it, I eventually swapped them out for some stock wagon springs from the jy but reused the kyb shocks. The combination of stock springs + KYB shocks rode much better. The comment I made was in regards to the stock springs. I have another 245 now with stock springs and older Sachs shocks in the back that just bounces on down the road.

New Sachs stuff is garbage. I've got a car in the shop where one of them locked up completely with few miles on it. A 240 hard tail doesn't ride worth a crap.
Likewise, there's plenty of complaints about the Bilstein TC's if you do a search for them.

Back