• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Lagging board, hundreds of doublepoasts.

I think the main culprit is the 'quick reply' feature, it llllaaagggssss, then double posts. One extra click, but I never see the 'advanced' reply double posting.

I'm doing this via quick reply, let's see if...

EDIT: Nope, lightning fast and single post

I seldom use the normal reply, only have had issues with the quick reply, PC and android. Only time it seems to act up though is on large threads like the Norcal thread. Haven't had it or seen it much on small threads.
Already got a message in on it as well.

To clarify my previous post, Chrome browser on my laptop and Chrome browser on my Android phone, no problems. I usually reply to PM's with the quick reply and no problems on either device.

Shifted, what devices and browsers are you using?

I’m only chiming in as I’ve been noticing but the DPs don’t really bother me (and TB don’t owe me nothin’)

What can get annoying is this weird crap (on my iPhone if that matters) where the board will hang up and as I go to click a thread it will “update” moving the screen super slightly, but making my click hit the poster’s personal page and not the intended thread.

I don’t want people thinking I’m some weirdo trying to a/s/l any of you lowlifes lol

The host has set up some monitoring and logging ... havent seen anything out of the ordinary so far - anyone currently having issues?

Yup. Norcal thread is a constant issue. Definitely seems to be lag related when using the quick reply on large threads. Once you hit post it takes up to 20-30 seconds until the browser gets a response then updates and says waiting for a response. Once it says waiting for a response, that takes a long time as well, 15-20 seconds, then when it's finally done you've got a double post.

Is there possibly some indexing that is getting hung on the large threads?

I?m only chiming in as I?ve been noticing but the DPs don?t really bother me (and TB don?t owe me nothin?)

What can get annoying is this weird crap (on my iPhone if that matters) where the board will hang up and as I go to click a thread it will ?update? moving the screen super slightly, but making my click hit the poster?s personal page and not the intended thread.

I don?t want people thinking I?m some weirdo trying to a/s/l any of you lowlifes lol

Ahh so it?s not just me! I?ve trained myself to tap and hold on the thread, it?ll do the shift but not make the selection. Then your second tap will be on the real target. It?s a minor pain.

My latest tactic is to submit reply, do a five-count then hit the top link. The post eventually appears in single form some 10~20 seconds later.

Duct tape and zipties... onward. :cheers:

So im my attempts to reset and clear everything last night i broke the board i guess (or whatever was going wrong finally locked up). Seems to be back up now, let me know what the status is since i havent been able to reproduce the issue thus far. Thanks

Back