• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Help Bleeding Brakes.

Once a few years ago. A lady asked me to work on her 66 Rolls. It was the small one for that year. Beautiful all original nice patina blue car. My jacks at home wouldn't even pick up the car. She wanted all the brake lines and hoses for the hydraulic suspension replaced.

I stopped counting at twelve flex hoses and the front wheels had twin calipers from the factory. Very cool yet was going to be a nightmare for a home diy person so I let that one pass. The Rolls specialty shop wanted $4k for the job like ten years ago.

And then there's that.

The greatest risk in pressure bleeding is not having appropriate respect for the pressure.

Utmost care has to be exercised to avoid spraying corrosive fluid all over everything.

With that... I'm out.

Good luck OP

Last edited:
You need to bleed all four calipers.

I just replaced all four calipers this past Sunday.

I start out with the Motive bleeder only. Go once around - all eight bleeder screws.

I go around again with the Motive unit still hooked up - but also use my MightyVac. Just the handheld version. The combination of the two really gets all the air out of the system very effectively.

12-15 psi on the Motive unit is minimum for me to push past the snubbers for the rear brakes by itself.

Using the MightyVac bumps the absolute differential pressure up to around 25 psi.

The combination of the two machines really seems to make a difference.

We have a machine that pushes into the master and then also pulls out from each bleeder. Meh, people don't empty it so I don't use it. However, it works very well.

Did you check to see if the calipers were remanufactured correctly?
^ This first. I bought a pair of rebuilt front calipers from AutoZone, yeah I know Cardone junk, but I knew enough to check for mating dimples on the calipers. Sure enough both calipers were assembled wrong. The guy behind the counter couldn't understand why I wouldn't take them. Had to give him a lesson.

I fixed the issue. I sold the car. Was planning on selling it anyway, but wanted to do it with good working brakes. The new owner is an enthusiast and the non working brakes worked to a couple of hundred bucks in his favor.

At least now I have a better understanding of the braking system on these cars.

Back