• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kaplhenke Coilover parts diagram (exploded diagram posted page 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyMelbs

Hi gang,
I've messaged Ben on the Facebook group but he is notoriously bad at support.
Granted I got these second or third hand, but I feel I'm missing something or have installed incorrectly.
My setup is front and rear coil overs on a Volvo 740t wagon with t5 trans.
The fronts clunk and if I push down on the front I can see the shaft that the top nut is attached to moves up and down and clunks.
I'm thinking I'm missing a spacer perhaps.
It goes bottom spring perch, shock threaded top thing, (this won't screw all the way onto shock tube) spring, plastic washer thing, tophat, some sort of insert, camber plate.
above strut tower is conical washer, spring washer, top nut.
Am I missing something?
Top nut tightens all the way but have vertical movement .
Ben won't supply parts diagram or any pictures or info as I didn't buy these brand new.
Pretty average from a bloke who so many here support.
If I wasn't on the opposite side of the world I would have brought new.
Can someone please help?

Why do you think you are entitled to somebody else's time and expertise? Because other people purchase his products? I'm pretty sure he ships world wide.

Yes and no help. It's not hard to say hey " here's a photo of the parts expanded" or " sure you need this part and I'll sell it to you to fix the problem"
I'd happily buy from him if it fixed my issue.
It's customer service not entitlement.
Dude makes awesome stuff !
Just wish there was at least installation instructions online somewhere.

Do you know which coilovers these are? I have installation instructions for front JRZPro coilovers. I have not received the rear yet. I suspect the instructions may be a lot different if you have a different set. They are very busy there, so you may need a bit of patience, Ben has always answered me, but not always right away.

I'd bet if you threw Ben a few bucks, he'd give you some help. Expecting him to just spend time supporting a secondhand product he sold without any incentive seems a little silly.

I know I wouldn't.

It's rediculous he doesn't offer any kind of installation instructions. Shouldn't have to pay the guy for knowledge he should be happy someone in Australia will promote and talk about how awesome his stuff is

It's rediculous he doesn't offer any kind of installation instructions. Shouldn't have to pay the guy for knowledge he should be happy someone in Australia will promote and talk about how awesome his stuff is

He won't support a product somebody sold second hand (ie- not his problem really)?

And are you like some big name in Australia with BNE banners and such on your car?

I can tell you, when a customer takes a car to a different shop then comes back with issues, all the warranty/guarantees we offer are revoked. Once someone else f*cks with it and we don't have proof of quality, everything goes to square one.

...he should be happy someone in Australia will promote and talk about how awesome his stuff is

Trust me, Ben's stuff speaks for itself, and Google does the rest in the way of advertising when you google "Volvo 240 coilovers".

I get what you are saying, but Australia is not a big market unfortunately. Most of the buyers I have had from there do not want to pay the shipping, that is a huge problem. Add that to an extremely busy shop that can't handle a lot more business at the moment, it's not like he has 20 employees. I have an order with him right now that has been going on for months, and I have to be patient.
What I would suggest is to look at a few other coilover setups for other cars. What do they have that you don't? One of the things that stands out is the upper bearing, you didn't mention that in your parts list. What allows the strut to turn in your scenario?
I have not installed coilovers yet but I do know you need some kind of bearing at the top of the strut.
These are not the correct parts for your car, but trying to give ya an idea of what I'm talking about
https://www.fcpeuro.com/Volvo-parts/Strut-Bearings/

Easy now, OP is frustrated and venting. We already know how valuable Ben's stuff is to our small community.
Aren't front coilovers on most cars very similar? IDK but I would think so. I'm waiting on the answer about the upper bearing, If that's not the issue, OP needs to dig up general coil over diagrams, they are probably all very similar no matter what car it goes on. When we get to that point it should be easy to get the part number required to fix the issue.

Exactly. Cool heads prevail. Its a holiday weekend. Chill out, let the guy put down the phone, walk away from the computer and have some family time. Then, next week, deal with this. The more you slam ben here, the less he is going to want to help. He is running a business. Time is money. You are just a guy who bought some stuff off a guy and there may be missing pieces...... If you want his help at least throw the guy a bone and buy some stickers.

Also, many racing parts are provided without diagrams and instructions because the assumption is the person installing them should have enough knowledge to figure it out. If not, find someone who can.

Exactly. Cool heads prevail. Its a holiday weekend. Chill out, let the guy put down the phone, walk away from the computer and have some family time. Then, next week, deal with this. The more you slam ben here, the less he is going to want to help. He is running a business. Time is money. You are just a guy who bought some stuff off a guy and there may be missing pieces...... If you want his help at least throw the guy a bone and buy some stickers.

Also, many racing parts are provided without diagrams and instructions because the assumption is the person installing them should have enough knowledge to figure it out. If not, find someone who can.

Well said!

Thanks for the constructive criticism not so much the flaming. I've messaged him offering money and no reply .
I'm not bagging the guy but I'm surprised there's absolutely nothing online about these bar the few pics on his site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back