• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dump or Recirculation valve?

Alrighty, so last weekend I went over the vacuum lines (I had replaced them all previously anyway) and also ran a line from the little port on the turbo to the wastegate just to remove that air leak (I haven't sourced an appropriate boost controller yet) and it idled much better until it got up to temperature, a few blips of the throttle and it died when the revs dropped back down, which then wouldn't start. I guess I need to obtain another 012 and check to make sure it's not the AMM that's casuing the problem as I bought this one from your side of the pond.

Alrighty, so last weekend I went over the vacuum lines (I had replaced them all previously anyway) and also ran a line from the little port on the turbo to the wastegate just to remove that air leak (I haven't sourced an appropriate boost controller yet) and it idled much better until it got up to temperature, a few blips of the throttle and it died when the revs dropped back down, which then wouldn't start. I guess I need to obtain another 012 and check to make sure it's not the AMM that's casuing the problem as I bought this one from your side of the pond.

Something totally different. Where is your MAF located and how is your air cleaner connected to it?

Mine starts idling like crap and stalling when the distance between K&N filter and MAF becomes too short. Cruising and while accelerating it runs perfect.

Something totally different. Where is your MAF located and how is your air cleaner connected to it?

Mine starts idling like crap and stalling when the distance between K&N filter and MAF becomes too short. Cruising and while accelerating it runs perfect.

FhGjDtz.jpg

Pretty close, I'm somewhat lacking in space!

Where does that WG dump pipe go to? ^^ Also is that the OBX cut and flipped?

Secondly, even though Mike (TLAO) has stated a number of times AND has tried my exact (I sent it to him) BOV on his personal car and it worked fine... my VTA (I have an HKS SSQV) causes stalls. If I recirc, it's fine.

Where does that WG dump pipe go to? ^^ Also is that the OBX cut and flipped?

Secondly, even though Mike (TLAO) has stated a number of times AND has tried my exact (I sent it to him) BOV on his personal car and it worked fine... my VTA (I have an HKS SSQV) causes stalls. If I recirc, it's fine.
Just down towards the ground. No it's a custom stainless I did myself.
Air cleaner directly on the MAF. This could very well be the cause of your problems.

Interesting, why would that cause an issue?

Can't speak to Volvo specifically, but I know on the Evos if you swap the factory snorkel hose that runs from the MAF to the air cleaner with a nice looking smooth silicone one something like 70% of the cars that did it would have odd issues. Maybe the air coming in is too turbulent for the sensor to work adequately?

Also... you have it going across the front of the motor and then down to the ground where the battery would be? How'd you come to that as a solution (not to derail... I'm just fascinated by it)

Can't speak to Volvo specifically, but I know on the Evos if you swap the factory snorkel hose that runs from the MAF to the air cleaner with a nice looking smooth silicone one something like 70% of the cars that did it would have odd issues. Maybe the air coming in is too turbulent for the sensor to work adequately?

Also... you have it going across the front of the motor and then down to the ground where the battery would be? How'd you come to that as a solution (not to derail... I'm just fascinated by it)

That does make sense, I'll have a rearrange of the hoses and see if that makes a difference.
Could the FPR be causing issues? Looks pretty original!

Sort of, it exits down pretty much in the center of the engine bay, it was the easiest place to dump it! I was going to point it out the bonnet with a tractor flap on it but it'd spoil the sleeper look.

Back