• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's RWD Experience, '84 242 TI

Correction then, old tires were only 14 years old vs. 24 years old. Either way they were just begging to fly apart given the amount of cracks around the tread.

It was brought to my attention last weekend at carlisle that it was possible to re-valve the saginaw power steering pumps for better steering feel. I've grown to hate the feel of my pump due to the huge lack of resistance there was at corner apex. I did research on shimming the valves etc. and then I remembered that the stock pump was also a saginaw. Soooo I pulled the pressure spring and valve out of my old pump, dropped it in my late model pump and wala! I have steering resistance again. The great thing is that if I ever need more pressure I can shim my pressure valve to get the desired amount. This would also be applicable to the stock 84 saginaw pumps, as they are pretty much all the same.

Hey I was the one who came up to you Saturday night with John (Aspirator) asking about the k-jet plugs.

Anyways your car is lookin good.

Hopefully I can figure my issues out soon :-/ I should honestly just swap to my 405 BCP head already and call it a day.

Oh yeah! lol I didn't even realize dude. Yeah my k-jet stuff was so jacked that it had no chance. I just got lucky and found a clean engine at the pull a part.

Yeah dude! I got lucky too, my 16V engine build was actually in the air at the JY... I walked by it several times before realizing it was a squirter... and it was what I needed.

I just need my 8v car to run first before I can start on the 16v :-/

I'd love to get this b21 rollin with a bigger turbo too, 7:1 is just kind of redongulous. And this car wasn't supposed to be that time consuming. :rofl: Funny how these cars take over your life.

so when's the +t scheduled? what parts you got for it?

I'd love to get this b21 rollin with a bigger turbo too, 7:1 is just kind of redongulous.

meh, run what you got. it may not be ideal, but if it works(ain't leaking/etc) go with it. and i thought it was 7.5:1 - in my case it's prolly got enough carbon on the pistons it's getting towords 8:1 :p

meh, run what you got. it may not be ideal, but if it works(ain't leaking/etc) go with it. and i thought it was 7.5:1 - in my case it's prolly got enough carbon on the pistons it's getting towords 8:1 :p
LOL

I just need to get it to run properly. I think my kjet plugs are leaking... I guessssss a compression test would help figure it out.

the higher the compression (and octane fuel you can throw at it e85 :giggle:) and boost the better.

so? there's a thousand ways to skin a cat. you can go fast with high cr, you can go fast with low cr. just have to match the setup to the engine. i want an NA b230, but it's not the first thing on my list. why waste time on a high cr motor if you're running an itty bitty/stock turbo/exhaust/etc. it's not the golden gun some of ya'll say it is

so when's the +t scheduled? what parts you got for it?

Soon! I have the oil lines and a 90+, and I should have a line on a holset in the next couple weeks. But I'm not feeling great about running it on the 90+ so I may have to build a mani for it. The end goal is to have it on a penta 16v that I have at home, I just need to build it up. Also, the suspension is terrible on this thing, so I'm hoping I can build a set of coilovers for it soon as well.

the higher the compression (and octane fuel you can throw at it e85 :giggle:) and boost the better.

aren't you running that ebay manifold? What did you have to do to it to make it work? I thought I remembered one of the flanges on upside down or something with those.

Also, a picture from carlisle for the record
DSC01013.jpg

DSC01087-1.jpg

DSC01088-1.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

Made some upper and lower chassis braces for the front end of this thing, probably a little overkill on the bottom brace, but it can't be too stiff imo. Need to paint them still, but no biggie. The difference with these things is amazing. Its really unbelievable how loose and vague the front end was without them. Now I just need to invest in some poly and make up some coilovers and this thing will be on rails.

Last edited:
Braces are out to be powder coated black this week :)

Also, cross posted from the NC chat thread
DSC01069-1.jpg

Picked up a hy35 from turbo mg rob in charlotte, going to buy some weld-els in the next week or so and get cracking on a manifold.

Annnnnnddd cross posted from facebook
265252_10100641021384889_8807651_62368233_8105814_o.jpg

Scored a set of BMW style 5s with good tires off of craigslist for cheap from backwoods SC. They are 17x8 et20, so they should fit real nice with some hubcentric rings. I'm getting them redrilled to fit, which is presenting a small problem. Many many machine shops will do this type of work, however many will not charge a reasonable price. But this is completely understandable and expected of machine shops, especially ones who haven't done a redrill before. So I'm on the hunt for a good price right now, but hopefully they will be on soon. My only concern right now is that they probably arent going to clear the brake calipers in the front....there is plenty of room in them for calipers, but its farther out into the spokes, so who knows what is going to happen. I may end up doing a front brake upgrade soon as well :lol:

Just build a jig and drill them yourself. You need one 5x108 spacer with a ring on the face that matches the BMW wheel centerbore. Is there enough material to redrill between the existing pattern?

Just run 15-20mm adapters. They'll fit.

BTW, you'll be fastest non-turbo with turbo manifold AND intercooler. ;-)

I have a mill to do it with...I'm mostly just lazy, and I prefer a machine shop to get the counter sink right etc. But that is an option. I would rather not run adaptors as well, they would fit awesome in the rear, but would poke alot in the front. And luckily there is tons of room in between the existing lug holes. Also the wheel hub is solid in the center, not full of pockets like alot of aluminum wheels are, so win there.

Back