• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project 800hp Volvette!

I think alot of people have mixed feelings about boost / lots of hp and aluminum blocks. We had a all aluminum blown big block that produced 1800 hp before the nitrous. But at the same time there are some aluminum heads that have lots of strength issues.

I think with a good tune it should be able to handle it.

Last edited:
My favourite volvo of all time. Together with the blue LS1 powered 745 from someone on this board. Damn the stupid rules in the Netherlands that prohibit me from putting a BMW M70 V12 in my car :(

My favourite volvo of all time. Together with the blue LS1 powered 745 from someone on this board. Damn the stupid rules in the Netherlands that prohibit me from putting a BMW M70 V12 in my car :(

I don't think you realize how epically ****ty that engine is. Bakelite rubber studded intake gaskets that cost over $100 each (and you need 4), timing chain tensioner that changes cam timing as you rev, nikasil blocks that can't be bored or re-honed without a $3000+ sleeve job, heinously low compression, anemic cams, e-throttles that break and cost $1000 each (you need two), and possibly the worst exhaust port design in history.

LS6 heads are only about $500 off ebay. Best bang for the buck!

I agree... plus any ls style head fully ported will flow about the same.. Have you thought about a 317 head off of a truck? They flow the same as the 243 but have a larger combustion chamber to reduce compression.. most turbo ls guys are going with those.. :nod:

The only problem with making that much power on an aluminum ls motor is walking the mains and lifting heads since they have 4 bolts per hole.. as long as you keep a close eye on detonation I don't think you will have a problem. With race gas and meth it is doable. :)

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Ryan

There's no rule saying you couldn't. You only have to take it to the RDW for some tests. Don't think they are easy to pass, but it can be done. I guess...

Back