• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

96.5mm pistons no can find not even Yoshifab

Ilvmetal

Josh from Yoshifab is currently out of stock of the 2.3 96.5mm 16v pistons.
Anyone have a spare they want to sell or know where to find them? Wisecos?
My eyes are bleeding from searching for 4 hours on the WWW.
Need forged pistons over stock bore for a B230ft 16v build even as a kit with rods.
Its a slow painful process this 16V build......

Top End Performance is a dealer for JE. When I was sourcing custom Volvo 16v pistons from JE, they recommended me to them. Steve knew EXACTLY what I wanted, we just confirmed measurements and options. You can definitely get 96.5mm ones, just specify :)

$850 for a set with rings, but I went with the fancy x-forge and a slipper piston design. Cheaper if you go with a standard forging.
https://www.racetep.com/manufacture.../jepistons/je-custom-made-forged-pistons.html

CP don't make these forged 96,5 mm pistons anymore???

Of course they do,, any compression, valve pockets done off a 16v head so they are correct. Choice of compression height depending on which rod c-c, pin diameter according to which rod...like early JVAB Chevy .927" or Volvo 23mm or later JVAB 22mm

The only thing you have to watch out for on ALL aftermarket rods is the piston float between bosses and that's only a problem with stock rod...And who in their right mind would be taking a chance with the stock rods when rods cost so little?
(Volvo with their piston steer rods and narrow big end means the sides of the pin bosses must be straight and 25mm (assuming a small end width of 24.75mm) Virtually everybodys raw forgings have a larger "gap" in the region of 28-29mm so to get the right float, you must use spacers.. That, unless somebody works TB cheap might cost half what a set of rods cost..See? Crazy not to go rods at that point.

I'm putting in an order to CP for 2 sets of B230 long rod n.a motors later today.

Back