• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Inspiration -- 240 Style (DONT POST YOUR OWN)

STACMantorp_2014-06-18Nr3Lowres.jpg

This IS my car and I am aware of the rules but I saw some old pics some pages back (a hundred something...) in this thread and just wanted to say there has been a few updates since then...

Take a closer look at www.ofiengineering.se if you are interested or just ignore this post

/Ola
www.ofiengineering.se

This thread can now simply be closed. It is complete.

i suppose it depends upon what you are using it for.
If you are building a Pikes Peak challenge car, you would absolutely need it. It may not be enough.
If you are building a drift car, nope don't need it. Strictly a style thing.
If you are running at say VIR where you are doing a buck fifty on the back stretch before the oak tree, you might need it to keep the back end from getting squirrely.

If you are building a drift car, nope don't need it. Strictly a style thing.

this is not always true.

As silly as it may seem to you, high power, and skid cars that are traveling at high speeds absolutely would need a rear wing. You need a fair amount of rear grip while drifting, even if that sounds wrong.

Also what i have witnessed with my own eyes when i was helping a few mates competing in British Drit Championship, the BGW (Big Gay Wing) was a really big improvement when the car was going sideways with alot of speed, and how it was able to come back straight with so much less help from the driver...

Back