• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Squirterizational mod RENTAL KIT for INCREASED PERFORMANCE

Well, I pm'd John V a week or 2 ago and no word back.

Sorry, been getting done with a hugely overdue car project then getting some overdue suspension stuff done and delivered.
Gotta pay the rent, ya know.

And as you know, the phone works best. Ask anybody.

I thought the Anglais were ready so maybe it can come BUT NOT SIT THERE FOR 4 MONTHS.

Hey BB-Q! What's up, you Pommes ready for this kit?

No John. I've asked around and everyone but me already has a squirter block.

Consequently it may be a bit of a waste of effort to send it over just for me. I've recently managed to tame a machine shop, so I'm going to ask them how much they want to do the work or if they'll let me use the mill at lunchtime or whatever. I don't think it'll be worth the time and effort to get this kit over just for one guy.

Put me to the back of the queue for now- I'll let you know if I need it, mate.

PN# 11 11 1 739 907
Those squirter bolts are hollow, so about 12 lbs-ft sounds good. And use red loctite those threads. RT suggested 242. I used 271: on clean, un-oiled threads. Loctite 271 has a viscosity equivalence during assembly/torqueing of Castrol SAE40 motor oil; so no prob of thread galling/seizure. Red loctite the squirter bolts to 12 lbs-ft, and they will stay in place and tight. For that low of a torque spec, you may need to use an inch-pound torque wrench, and go for 144 [145-150 will be good].

DSCF2074.jpg

It's my turn for the kit!!!!!!!

John is sending me a set of squirters today!

This is the last thing I need to do before putting my motor back together!

I haz it. I need to rent a 3/4 inch drill as the spot face cutter shank is too large for my 1/2 inch drill chucks. I hope to do that tomorrow at the earliest or Friday at the latest.

When your done contact me then send it to me! Then, I'll send it back to john so he can check it for maintenance!

I moved on to the next to last step, enlarging the holes for tapping only to find the larger of the 2 long drill bits in the kit is bent and the shank chewed up. Going drill bit shopping this weekend.

Back