• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 c63 amg v8

Pauldriver: this looks like it's going to be an awesome project. Please do keep us updated here and ignore the skeptics, cynics, and haters. I have a buddy here who is swapping the same engine into a W124 wagon (estate). It'll be interesting to compare the two projects. I'll point him towards this thread too.

Carry on, cheers, and all that...

Pauldriver: this looks like it's going to be an awesome project. Please do keep us updated here and ignore the skeptics, cynics, and haters. I have a buddy here who is swapping the same engine into a W124 wagon (estate). It'll be interesting to compare the two projects. I'll point him towards this thread too.

Carry on, cheers, and all that...

Glad someone else is going to be pulling some hair out:rofl:

Is your friend using the 7 speed auto/tiptronic ?

Check this project out if you havent seen it already ?

1985 merc 190 W201 sat on a 2010 c63 chassis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.carbuildindex.com/15931/body-swap-1985-mercedes-benz-190e-grafted-onto-2010-c63-amg/

Im building this at the minute, should have it back together very soon !

we are not using a mercedes but we are just finishing this project which is the same concept

http://www.mk1oc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21470

I built a twin turbo c63AMG, the engine is quite nice. You're better off running a capable management system to control that thing rather then use the stock ecu, it's fairly boring in terms of capability.

I give you the full go ahead! If you need any information please ask.

Hey you opened the door...

Penishood gives us strength to conquer all who oppose us.

If the head bolts are the early style now is the time to change them. The early style would stretch or have the head break off and cause all sorts of fun problems. Once fixed they are solid engines.
Last year when I was looking for another car I was looking at C63's and ran across the info on that issue, it's not something to skip over.

Food for thought:
That engine (or close to it) also came in the suv M-class. The w163 (1997-2005) ones have really crappy interiors that are falling apart and the upmarket customers don't want them because of this. They are cheap compared to other cars with the v8.
Here is the kicker: They are body on frame. And the track and wheelbase is not that far from a 240.....
volvo 240:
track width: 56"
Wheelbase 104"
Mercedes W163:
Track 61"
Wheelbase 111"
So the M-class is 5" wider and 7" longer.
I think you could drop a 240 shell on an Mclass chassis. 4x4 v8 240.......
Obviously this is a long involved project but i think it is doable.
Shortening a chassis is usually not that hard. Taking out 7" in length in the middle shouldnt be too hard.
5" in width? guys add 1" wheel spacers already. With flares and pulling, 2.5" per side is nothing.
I am aware that the whole floor pan is gonna have to be ripped out, and a custom interior will be required, however in for a penny in for a pound. And that is a 240 that would pound......

Last year around this time we had a record breaking nasty stowstorm that left the roads crazy for a month and the junkyards full of SUVs with summer tires..."I got 4wd, I'm fine"..... Anyways, I found on craigslist a 2001-ish AMG m-class with the 5.4 (I think)that had been rolled and totaled. The only good stuff was the mechanicals. It was $5000. They listed 130000kms as original milage. It was either pulled or sold in no time because the ad was gone the next day. It got me thinking......I need a garage and 20-25 grand.......

If we're bench racing... Need to find a complete G65 in a yard in the sandbox after junior tries to 'drift' it and fails. This one also uses body on frame construction with a rather spicier engine and drivetrain. Easily turned up too. Lol

Wonder how far OP got with his project?

If we're bench racing... Need to find a complete G65 in a yard in the sandbox after junior tries to 'drift' it and fails. This one also uses body on frame construction with a rather spicier engine and drivetrain. Easily turned up too. Lol

Wonder how far OP got with his project?

Educated guess: Not.

Probably opened the hood, gave it a good look, sighed loudly, furrowed his brows, pinched the bridge of his nose, and finally shut the hood again, never to open it again thus far.

Either that or he passed away between then and now. Take your pick. Either way the TL;DR still stands.

pauldriver stopped at every forum he was in at the middle of last year to post. Maybe he passed away, he is in prison or in the hospital since them.
I don't know how the hell he did all the jobs in the short time he posted. I have do earn money, walk with my dog, take care about my place where I live and still eat and sleep a little bit. Time to work on my car? 2-5 hours a week, with luck.
Regards, Kay

pauldriver stopped at every forum he was in at the middle of last year to post. Maybe he passed away, he is in prison or in the hospital since them.
I don't know how the hell he did all the jobs in the short time he posted. I have do earn money, walk with my dog, take care about my place where I live and still eat and sleep a little bit. Time to work on my car? 2-5 hours a week, with luck.
Regards, Kay

Wimps. All of youse. Work between 23:00 and 3:00. Get 2-3 hours of sleep, 3 times a week. Watch your productivity triple in no time.

EDIT: sent him an email.

I'll bet the cost of going to the IPD garage sale (fuel, hotel, food and booze (!) ) that this project never gets completed. But I'd be glad to be wrong. To the OP, why not use the factory rear end? It's not like it would be horribly more complex than anything else you're planning...:omg:

Back