• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B5254T4 forged parts

Pistons are not forged. 400-500 is a very wide span with many additional support requirements beyond motor work. You can look at Kaplhenkes block guard or Darton sleeving as required for over 400AWHP

Why wouldn't Volvo put forged pistons in a high compression turbo engine? 300bhp is a a considerable amount of power

Why wouldn't Volvo put forged pistons in a high compression turbo engine? 300bhp is a a considerable amount of power

capture_wide-de75376184e19006550a28ba981babfd0e3422f9-s800-c85.png

For any number of reasons, not the least of which is for DD, cast pistons have tighter bore clearances, reducing potential for premature wear due to lack of operator attention.

The B21ET and B230ET had forged pistons and they arent a race car, and also last forever with proper care

30 years of metallurgy make a big difference. Just because something is forged doesn't make it stronger. It has already been stated, the blocks flex causing the issue. The pistons can still survive.

The B21ET and B230ET had forged pistons and they arent a race car, and also last forever with proper care

I would not bet much money on either of those..:oops:
jus sayin'
In like decades I have seen a couple of B23ET with forged pistons...Nice forged Mahle.
They were in core motors i bought just to have something to build..
They did look nice but HEAVY!

And those M rods:omg: HEAVY!:omg:

We made this shim Design. You habe to shim sie block to prevent the block from cracking.

Yeah, we all know about that. I made over 450AWHP with just shims on my RNC B5234T block, broke the Wiseco's due to tuning issues. I would still go with a block guard if i were thinking over 400wheel on a B5244Tx or B5254Tx block

Back