• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

High Humidity >>> Drivability Issues (SOLVED)

I had a similar issue with a car I had just redone. Was sudden and very random. When I got it running, I started jiggling all the wiring around the injectors and one of the tightened grounds moved. Turned out the bolt that grounds the injectors to the intake had stripped - could tighten it fine then a little more and it was slightly loose again.

Another idea to throw at the wall.

During a no start, I used jumper cables to run from injector ground straight to the negative battery post. Made no change. I also just did IM gasket and some other stuff and made sure the grounds were clean and tight.

Parts will get here today but not sure if I’ll have time to install them.

I had a similar issue with a car I had just redone. Was sudden and very random. When I got it running, I started jiggling all the wiring around the injectors and one of the tightened grounds moved. Turned out the bolt that grounds the injectors to the intake had stripped - could tighten it fine then a little more and it was slightly loose again.

Another idea to throw at the wall.

Did you figure out that a 1/4" bolt is just enough larger than 6 mm to fit?

Hoping this helps the 740. I’m very unhappy with how ugly butt connectors are.

InfZxUg_d.jpg

ESaMm2E_d.jpg

don't know if it has been adressed in this thread, didn't read it all but...

the 7/9 have the dizzy at the back of the head. The gap between paravan and hood is right over the dizzy cap. there is a rubber seal located between paravan and hood to prevent rain water leaking on top of the dizzycap. But on older cars this might not work very well anymore because of degraded rubber seal or dirt. Water might drip down onto the dizzy cap and might get in between the black cover and the red cap itself. This might lead to poor starting in damp conditions.
It's worth a closer inspection.

Yes. Low side controlled. Some cars are high side controlled, but not commonly. So by you jumping the ground side directly to ground all you would be doing is opening up the injector to 100% duty cycle.

Yes. Low side controlled. Some cars are high side controlled, but not commonly. So by you jumping the ground side directly to ground all you would be doing is opening up the injector to 100% duty cycle.

I thought the two grounds on the intake manifold needed to be good clean grounds. Considering they are grounded 100% of the time as far as I know since they are grounded to the engine and the engine is always grounded to the battery. So by running a direct ground I?m pretty sure I didn?t actually change anything at all. This is all irrelevant anyway but now you got me thinking

Those grounds are for the LH box I believe. For some electrical reason, like noise or in interference or some ****, they ran them all the way back up to the intake manifold instead. They are NOT the ground for the injectors, but since they come out of the injector wiring harness bundle I knew that's why you believed that.

Those grounds are for the LH box I believe. For some electrical reason, like noise or in interference or some ****, they ran them all the way back up to the intake manifold instead. They are NOT the ground for the injectors, but since they come out of the injector wiring harness bundle I knew that's why you believed that.

I didn?t really care what they were for, I just knew they were supposed to be good clean tight grounds, so that?s what I did. I did NOT directly ground the injectors, but rather gave the LH box a good clean ground.

Back