• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rob Prince's 242 Resurrection

wow, i totally missed this thread

that car's gonna be the ****. good luck pimping it out before SE so we can all ruin the paint with drool

The wheels cost roughly $500 a piece, after anondizing and shipping, etc. I bought six, 2 front and 4 rears. Not cheap, but definetly built solidly, and nice and light.

They're made by Kodiak Racing, as stated earlier in the thread. www.kodiakracingwheels.com

And the LR quarter was full of bondo, so I cut it off at the trim line and welded another one on. I'm not very good at welding, and didn't prime it yet, so it looks like hell. Body work is coming, I promise :)

I had to do a ton of work to fit the 9.5" wheels. The rear quarters took quite a beating. But it looks good, and will look awesome after the paint gets done. The low rear shot is just crazy, because they stick out so far and have nice meats on them.

For tires, I will use 225/45 17 Falken Azenis RT-615s in the front, and will try both 255/40 17 Falken ST-115s and some 235/45 17 Dunlops I have. Not sure if the current power level will allow easy drifting on the 255s. I will have them mounted for the next event, which is coming up on the 11th of March. So stay tuned :)

After that it will get the serious body work done and then off to paint.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

Volvorules said:
For tires, I will use 225/45 17 Falken Azenis RT-615s in the front, and will try both 255/40 17 Falken ST-115s and some 235/45 17 Dunlops I have. Not sure if the current power level will allow easy drifting on the 255s. I will have them mounted for the next event, which is coming up on the 11th of March. So stay tuned :)

After that it will get the serious body work done and then off to paint.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!
Sweeeeet!!! I was just looking at the Kodiak website a couple weeks ago, but left with the conclusion that I didn't think any of their wheels would be a good match for something that's a daily driver... Granted, I don't think your car really counts for a daily driver, but the wheels look good enough to sure as hell be put on one!!! Looks great man! I think I have changed my mind on Kodiak wheels for street/track use now, even on a daily driver...

Video from the first event this year. VIR Patriot course.

Start:

Middle: can't see from the pits

End:

Very nice. I'm eagerly awaiting pics and info on how you finnished fitting the 255s. I can't figure out the BEST way to pull the front half of the rear fender out & brace the outer skin.

Rob

Well, to fit the 255s took quite a bit of work. What I did was drill out all of the spot welds around the fender lip. Then I separated the outer quarter panel from the inner part. I cut the edge off of the inner, where it comes down and bends back in towards the car. I then used a porta-power to push the inner part out, which in turn pushed the quarter panel itself out. Once I had it out far enough, I folded the quarter panel lip up over the inner panel, and welded it up. I will try and get some pictures this week of the work I've done.

Finally got the R brakes on the front on Friday as well, so I will get pics of that too.

Back