• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

15G Conical. What Next? 19T Angled? HE341? Push Car Into Lake?

Which stupid turbo?

• 15G swap to angled

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 19T angled

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 19T conical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HE341

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Keep conical because it's better, but push car into lake because idc and it seems fun?

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
We will see when I swap on the 19t I have here on the bench to see the gains over my 15g. But I still love the stupidness of my holset. Nevermind the top end power is world's better than anything a 19t will do.

We will see when I swap on the 19t I have here on the bench to see the gains over my 15g. But I still love the stupidness of my holset. Nevermind the top end power is world's better than anything a 19t will do.

Mike... you and I are basically constantly building the same cars it seems :lol:

Have you been on the dyno with your 15G setup? Is the setup/dyno stuff posted anywhere?

I'm half considering trying to get onto the dyno on the 15G prior to going 19T but... I just sprung for a buncha crap.

I want to Dyno my current setup and then go 19t and redyno but it is to damn hot here to even bother.

Haha same. It dropped into the 60's in the AM earlier this week and I was like OH DAMN... my car so faaaaassssst :rofl:

Back to triple digits and AC though

Just switched from 15G to 18T. 18T is as fast at 0.8 bar as the 15G at 1 bar.

It runs very nice now, good response and you do not feel the torque dropping off like with the 15G.

What ever you do, ditch the conical housing. You could put the angled housing on your 15g and get a huge improvement.

Yeah the size difference is a big deal. I suspect this is a big factor in the diminishing returns at higher boost.

We'll see... a GD sinkhole just opened up in front of my GD house today apparently so... the weekend of downpipe making maybe just got bumped lol.

Yeah the size difference is a big deal. I suspect this is a big factor in the diminishing returns at higher boost.

We'll see... a GD sinkhole just opened up in front of my GD house today apparently so... the weekend of downpipe making maybe just got bumped lol.

throw the conical housing down there. it will clog all types of holes. :rofl:

^gold. Solid gold.

Also reminded me to go fill the GD hotside with penetrating oil for maximum reclocking ease.

BONUS!

I got the CHRA split off of the hotside and ground the pin off. I haven't bolted anything up yet and probably looking at at least two more weekends because of life.

Sinkhole got sorted out though... so like... rad.

Plus side... my exhaust pipe expander thing works awesome and will probably help with getting the curve for the angled setup just so.

Really I should just go buy that bottom mount header right? Bottom mounting the turbo probably makes that transition cake... But like... monies.

Back