• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

302 240 supercharger?

euro-trash97

I have an 83 240 with a 302 converse swap, has anyone put a supercahrger on one of these? Specifcally the kenne bell. I'm curious if it will fit and if the rear end will hold up to 400 - 450?. If I put a trutac in will the rear end hold substantially more?

My first V8/350 Chevy in my wagon made 370+ HP, ran 3.90 gears, Powerglide, the shift into drive @64mph would break the tires loose. You will smoke the tires before you break the rear. BTW that was 32 years ago. Still driving it today with a 350 with 350 HP Chevy, first motor wore out after 200k hard miles, never an issue with the rear.

My first V8/350 Chevy in my wagon made 370+ HP, ran 3.90 gears, Powerglide, the shift into drive @64mph would break the tires loose. You will smoke the tires before you break the rear. BTW that was 32 years ago. Still driving it today with a 350 with 350 HP Chevy, first motor wore out after 200k hard miles, never an issue with the rear.

What size tires in the back? Its also a T5 if that matters, though I don't plan on doing clutch drops.

I've broken 3 with turbo redblocks with a lot less power that that but I was ****ing around. Once in light gravel on the pavement to pavement, broke the pinion gear, once getting off of a shoulder, one tire on the pavement one in the grass, and one that had been making some noise just pulling out of 7-11 near my house with a bit too much throttle. Ended up doing 8.8 swap, just run yours til it breaks then do the swap.

If it is a stick car and you drive it hard, breaking rear axles is the norm.

Going on 6(?) years with the welded diff in the v8 drift car without a broken axle. Just stepped up to some 240/40r18 tires. We will see how long that trend continues :lol:

I'm pretty sure the Ford 8.8 isn't going to be that big an issue on its own. I'd recommend trying to beef up your T5 if possible. I had one in a Chevy Monza with a 305, and blew it up around the 300 hp mark.

Back