• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

Yeah I'm happy I went with pretty much the max offset that will work on it with it that low. It could come out if I stretched some tire but that's not really my thing, or if I raised the car back up a little. I wanted a nice beefy tire which is why I went with an all-season and a 50 sidewall. I bet they would clear the dust caps with ~2-3mm of spacing. They just baaaarely don't fit behind the front wheels with the center caps in them.

Dust caps are nice.. LOL

Hey, man. LOVE the build thread.
I might be trading my 88 240 DL Sedan for a 66 4 door 122s with a rebuilt 1978 b20 engine, a swapped chassis and transmission (didn't specify) good interior, new seats, clean dash, lowered on ipd springs, stock rims but it needs a paint job.
So, i'm wondering, does anyone here think a 4 door has anywhere near the potential of looking as good as a 2 door?
Hahaa, that's the only thing i'm nervous about with this trade :-P

I wouldn't have a problem with a 4-door although the 2-doors and wagons seem to be held in higher regard and I also prefer them. Sounds like it is a pretty clean car though. Probably worth taking a look at. I'm sure it's worth more than an '88 244 :lol:

Except they didn't make B20 engines in 1978 so you might have gotten some incorrect information there. Is there a link to the car somewhere?

I wouldn't have a problem with a 4-door although the 2-doors and wagons seem to be held in higher regard and I also prefer them. Sounds like it is a pretty clean car though. Probably worth taking a look at. I'm sure it's worth more than an '88 244 :lol:

Except they didn't make B20 engines in 1978 so you might have gotten some incorrect information there. Is there a link to the car somewhere?

I think it is too, he's selling it cheap, 1,600 :-D

And yeah, man. as long as no one else jumps on it. Haha. I'll PM you.

Mini update.

It's been raining like every three days so I haven't been able to do much. Then it quit raining for a week so this happened:

9Tjy4.jpg

Then I cleaned up the bay and painted it.

I76zy.jpg

Then I painted my block.

9ws2C.jpg

Just say no to K-jet.

fAmxX.jpg

Hopefully I get the motor back together this week. Header comes back from ceramic coating next week and I can have an exhaust put together. :oogle:

looks good man.. could i ask for a picture of how your frontsetup looks like, you know with the spring ect :)

Got my header back from ceramic coating at Jet Hot.

sRwmG.jpg

And I almost have a complete engine. I got the rest of my small parts on Saturday so I should have this thing finished up this week.

AggfWKH.jpg

nqgjEW0.jpg

Hopefully I get the motor back together this week. Header comes back from ceramic coating next week and I can have an exhaust put together. :oogle:[/QUOTE]
I noticed before you painted the engine compartment that you still have the single circuit brake master cylinder. If you haven't already covered it, check on the second page of http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=61248 to get the info for the easy conversion to a duel circuit master cylinder. Your car is coming along great!

You know I started a thread on that conversion and it didn't get a single reply. :oops:

It's something I've wanted to do. I'll check it out when I get home this afternoon. I found an adapter plate to run a 140 MC in a 122. Is there a huge difference in the later ones versus the ones available for Amazons?

Pic of the M/C install on my 122

Unfortunately, I have purged most of the pics of my white 122 that I sold. There is a good shot here of the M/C from the archives of VCOA. It is in a post about 3/4 down on the first page.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=168678 It is a very simple and clean install. As I remember, I did have to put a stop on the clutch pedal so it did not pull the rod out of the master cylinder. The # of the M/C I used is in a previous post in this thread. Dale did a conversion on his 122 also and was very happy with it. I think he used a different size bore but it to was a Wilwood M/C used for custom installs.
PM me if you would like more specific info on the install.

New red velocity stacks

I have 4 new Volvo red velocity stacks for webers/solexes if you don't have those already

I would love some more info on Wilwood setups for the 122. I've been researching the 1800 rear end swap for some time and I'm thinking I'd like to do that when I upgrade to dual circuit, then have my rears re-drilled to 5x114.3 to keep the more popular bolt pattern all around. Then I could see about going with big brakes. Although if I just bought Iamtheonlyreal1's kits, I could just do all of that at once and be done. Ahh to have money.

As for the velocity stacks, I'm still running SUs right now. I will upgrade to DCOEs eventually but for now I'm keeping the HS6s with some velocity stacks from these guys.
http://www.scparts.co.uk/index/lang-2/lkz-195/markenid-8/katnr-280/kat_sprache-2/hrubnr-1549/rubrik-5334/functiontpl-virtueller_katalog.tpl,x-a.htm

Last edited:
MikeJr has the setup to convert- an 1800e rear axle and front spindles fo disc brakes all around.
A bolt- in for your car. I have a set of soft brake lines brand new. We are in the N Atlanta area, so fairly close. Pm MikeJr. For a price.

I'll get in touch with him when the time comes to do it all. I want to look into some Wilwood big brake options for it at the same time. Atlanta is about 6 hours from me so not too bad.

In other news...

Done.

uogLyvY.jpg

Looks pretty clean.. Have you thought about blasting the exhaust manifold for a fresh look? You can take years of scale off, and it would give a new and clean cast look..

Back