• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bosch Gen 3 Injectors for 940T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link.

I'm honestly surprised this question hadn't been asked before. I didn't even know about Bosch Gen 3 injectors until I owned my Jeep.

I uses some on my 240 when I went lh2.4, I believe they were from an s60.

Any change in fuel economy?

BOSCH (BB302) 0280155759 Volvo Fitment:

1999-04 V70 2.4
2003-04 XC90 2.5
2001-04 S60 2.4
2001-02 V70 X/C 2.4
2000-02 C70 2.4
1999-00 S70, V70 X/C AWD 2.4
1999 C70 2.4

Not that I could tell. It idles incredibly smooth now. The injectors have 4 holes instead of one. I just researched part numbers from all the ebay Bosch injectors and when I found a see that were in the right range, I ordered them.

It appears a 30 lbs/hr at 43.5 PSI Fuel Injector worked for NAs and Turbos (0280150804); and coil resistance would be 2.5-2.7 OHMS, so low impedance injectors.

Bosch with EV1 electrical connector
Flow Rate: 330cc/min at 3 BAR - 30 lbs/hr at 43.5 PSI

Here's one at ebay, but it has a different connector, EV6, and different Impedance: 11-18 ohms

Not sure what you are getting at, but turbos and non turbos used different injectors.
NA-19lbs, High Impedance.
Turbo-~29lbs, Low Impedance

Turbo computers are mapped for 29lb injectors, and since the stock turbo injectors are low impedance, there is a resistor pack inline with the power to them.

NA computers are mapped for 19lb injectors, and since they are high impedance, they do not employ a resistor pack.

Red/Orange 29/30 lb injectors from 850's are high impedance, therefore you have to bypass the resistor pack if used in a factory turbo app.
If installing turbo computers in an na car, they are a drop in.

To be certain of what injectors you need, measure the resistance across the injector. Over 11 ohms and it's a high impedance, around 4 is low impedance.

If all Volvo Turbos used low impedance injectors, then installing a high impedance should work, from what three other injector sites indicate.

Installing low impedance injectors into a high impedance ECU will not work.

From what I read, high impedance injectors work in NA/Turbo setups

Of course, checking injector impedance (in ohms) tells you what you have.

Just stop. What I said was accurate.

If you put high impedance injectors in a factory 7-9 turbo, you need to bypass the resistor pack. Stop it.

The newer injectors are typically high. Bypassing the resistor pack takes 4 seconds.

Never done it. Just bypass it wire for wire?

Like so?

ballast_resistor_bypass.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back