• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

blue "R" injectors

mymomswagon

Is anyone running these injectors with motronic or LH computers? If so does it require any modification? What's the impedence of these injectors? How do they compare to bt's and gt's? I think the "R" injectors flow 391cc's. They come in the s60r. Isn't a resistor required when running the bt's with these fuel systms?
joshA

They're high impedance so you need to bypass the resistor pack with something that looks like this

BALLAST_BYPASS.JPG

The pic belongs to Boris (the knocksense guy) so credit where it's due etc.

S60R injectors are green and flow 465cc. The blue injectors are off of 99+ T5 motors and flow 395cc.

can anyone give me also the Bosch or Volvo Part number from the inj. above, just to be sure to have the right injectors ...

Is there a list out there, which lists injectors, flow and part numbers?

can anyone give me also the Bosch or Volvo Part number from the inj. above, just to be sure to have the right injectors ...

Is there a list out there, which lists injectors, flow and part numbers?
Bosch "Green giants", 42lb/hr, 0280155968
Bosch "Green Tops", 42lb/hr, 0280150558

I can?t find the p/n for the blue injectors, but they do flow 395cc/min.

Bosch "Green giants", 42lb/hr, 0280155968
Bosch "Green Tops", 42lb/hr, 0280150558

I can?t find the p/n for the blue injectors, but they do flow 395cc/min.

look at this:

http://www.forums.turbobricks.com/printthread.php?t=26083

the blue one has the number 0280155830, problem is the 3,8bar pressure.

If i raise the pressure from 3 to 3.8 bar with the normal 310cc green tops from the FT i will get also 392cc/min. I need inj. which provides 390-410cc with 3 bar.

look at this:
If i raise the pressure from 3 to 3.8 bar with the normal 310cc green tops from the FT i will get also 392cc/min. I need inj. which provides 390-410cc with 3 bar.

probably not. Bernoulli's law.

p = .5 * rho * velocity^2

increase the pressure with factor x, the velocity increases with x^0.5.
Velocity * area = volume flow.
doubling the pressure will give 2^0.5 = 1.41 times as much fuel. Theoretically.

I dunno if efi injectors follow this rule exactly (because of the internal valve etc), but oil nozzles do.

probably not. Bernoulli's law.

p = .5 * rho * velocity^2

increase the pressure with factor x, the velocity increases with x^0.5.
Velocity * area = volume flow.
doubling the pressure will give 2^0.5 = 1.41 times as much fuel. Theoretically.

I dunno if efi injectors follow this rule exactly (because of the internal valve etc), but oil nozzles do.

Yeah guys, you're right :-P - was only babbled without correct data ...

bought on ebay the following injectors: 0280 156 063 - 393cc/min

The injectors are from these cars:

AUDI S3 TT 225PS
VW VR6
VW 1.8T TURBO

They are micro inj., 4-beam type, to fit them i must rebuild the Injector rail. Since i want to drive my turbo with E85, the 4-beam inj. will help hopefully with my cold-start issue on E85.

http://www.nord-com.net/stoni/images/inj_spray1.JPG
I have a lot of experience with swapping injectors for the S2 and S4 ones, which are great injectors.

If you are going to use 4-beam injectors, you have to listen to me. To be able to get the same performance out of all of them, you need to have all the connectors on the injectors pointing straight up from the intake manifold. You can?t turn the injectors because the cables/connectors are easier to hook up without any tension in the cables. The connectors must all face up.

If they don?t, the beams will be aimed differently and you will get different results on every cylinder.

On the S2/S3/S4 the injectors are held at the same position, pointing straight up, by a plastic frame so that all the injectors will be aimed at the intake valves.

Those injectors work great. Very good beam and atomisation.

Hmmm... now when looking at the numbers I can see that Bosch number is the stock VW 1.8T injectors. Those are only 300cc/min @ 3bar (347cc/min @4bar).

Fred, don't make me crazy ....., i've looked in more than one list, on several ebay tasks, all are telling these inj. are 380cc/min, my new found list says they have flow tested the inj. with 393cc/min .....

Back