• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Get on your stethoscopes...

LeedomtoFreedom

So I've been doing some small maintenance... started up my car and it sounded like someone dropped a rock in the cylinder...

It sort of comes and goes, sounds like its coming from the cam or the piston head.

It will disappear for a second, then come back

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JcxAesmKBEvic6k52

Give me a heads up if this link doesn't work. Had to use google photos because youtube was stuck in a processing loop and wouldn't upload.

update, seems to go away at idle after warming up a bit, which leads me to piston slap. It's consistent on revving it.

it's a 94 squirter motor.

My car had a very tiny amount of piston slap. When it's running rich with cold engine you can hear it slightly, when it's running leaner (difference between remap) it's not making any piston slap noise. Maybe it's running a tad rich, washing away a tiny amount of oil?

alrighty so I had checked the oil before and it was in the clear, but I think someone siphoned my oil because there was very little in there...

Gave her an oil change and it seems to have gone away or reduced greatly. Always check your oil

Back