• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Squirterizational mod RENTAL KIT for INCREASED PERFORMANCE

But but but but (motorboat imitation) the spot facer thang is piloted with the 1/4" pilot.

That is right, John. The 1/4 pilot is safe and sound in the spot facer.

As you mentioned in your instructions, the spot facer has to bite into the side of the block then shave the cast iron down to the pad to complete the operation. At the start of the operation, the pilot isn't fully down into the hole until the spot facer has contact with the entire pad. Maybe the pilot can stick out further so it so it can get the full-length piloted goodness the hole offers?

Disclaimer: I am not a machinist and a bit of a worry wart :-P

did the kit ship out?

It was packed and in the car and then I get confusing PMs "If its shipped its ok, plans changed , don't ship kit but you want the squirters"

I'm confused.:wtf:
And been very busy working and going to the doctors, if fact I go for a whole afternoon of MRIs in a couple of hours.:raincloud:

Tell me in a clear way what you want to do, and what I should do.;-)

i cant begin to tell you how big the grin on my face was as i was tapping the last hole :)

kit made it so easy i installed them in a couple hours. kit on its way back in the a.m.

thanks john!

Three cheers for John!! Absolutely amazing!! Good job John!! I may need this on my 242 build, if I ever get done with the 244.

Kit needed

Hi, I'm trying to give some new life to my 88 745. Motor is coming apart monday is the kit available? Also where do I get the squirters? is this a volvo part?
thank you
Max

pmed john v, I have a empty block sitting in my garage WAITING for squirters. I need to do this ASAP so i can move on to the next step.
1. can i get this any time soon?
2. is this an easy kit to make?
3. does some one on the board sell squirters?
4. how much are the bmw ones?

pmed john v, I have a empty block sitting in my garage WAITING for squirters. I need to do this ASAP so i can move on to the next step.

John sells the squirters needed, about $15 each (4X), these are BMW squirters....

kit would difficult to make without a machine shop or halfway decent shop and knowing whom to source the parts from, pricey for a one-off application....

Yeah Paypal me the deposit in the next few minutes and send an address and the kit will be on the way.
Currently out of squirters but that's easy, and yes USUALLY they've been about $15.50 but always with reservations of "prices subject to change for ME without notice---ie from when i order to when i pick 'em up--so they CAN change by a few bucks, so boo hoo!"

Phone is always the best.

thats GOOD NEWS! i can paypal u the money right now. whats your paypal adress and how long will it take for you to get another set of squirters and bolts? pm me and ill give you my number. thanks alot

Thanks John V. I jsut paid the shop to do it for 50 bucks while i was getting other stuff done. Almost smashed the poor guys when puting in the crank. Had to shift them around some to clear but looks good.

Even though i didn't use your kit i aprish the help. The guys at the shop had a b230ft 1994 in there and i saw the volvo ones there at an angle. After telling the guys at the shop i needed a flt 90 deg face they calmed down :)

Here are the photos.

heres one peeking out

7622_1183668164386_1608712812_453089_2909264_n.jpg

you can kinda see them on the bottem edge in this one.

7622_1183668204387_1608712812_453090_5443961_n.jpg

sounds possible to be done by making your own kit. Could you give distance measurements from crank bolt center to 1/4" drillbit center? I understand that the drilling must be plumb and therefore the bolt and drillbit must be snug. After the 1/4 bit, you said open up with a 7mm bit? what size face cutter? and bmw squirter part number? Also, the best way to clean your oil gallery after, is? Id like to rent the kit but seems easy enough with attention to detail.

thanks

Back