• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

I'll probably run a valve into the wheel well or something. It's supposed to be higher than the highest part of the tank from what I understand. Ordered an intercooler that should work too.

Also thanks to whoever changed my thread title :)

Got busy at the post office for Christmas. Then my 142 was broken. Then my 940 was broken. Then I took a month to just save money and literally spent nothing on the car. I have an intercooler and some square bar to work on next. I'm going to try to use one piece that will support the hood latch piece and the intercooler at the same time. I just want to try to make it not look like ****.

Should be ordering a driveshaft soon and maybe tires.

Got busy at the post office for Christmas. Then my 142 was broken. Then my 940 was broken. Then I took a month to just save money and literally spent nothing on the car. I have an intercooler and some square bar to work on next. I'm going to try to use one piece that will support the hood latch piece and the intercooler at the same time. I just want to try to make it not look like ****.

Should be ordering a driveshaft soon and maybe tires.

Yeah, I'm working something out for my new radiator/fan/IC setup too, interested to see what you are thinking for the bracket.

I'm just going to weld something across the front in between the \__/.

Then tack it to the sheet metal where the hood latch is and hang the intercooler from there. That way it won't be hard to remove the nose piece if I ever take the car apart for paint.

Nice, I'm looking at something similar, but due to space confines I had to remove all the existing core support except for the upper channels that bolt to the removable hood seal portion. Since I have a rather large fan that had to go out front, I ended up using a stilt to support the hood latch, but I notice that at any speed the hood bounces a little bit, so when I get to the new radiator and ic install I need to rethink my mount situation. I was had been thinking to ditch the upper hood seal and just make a plate that will attach to the grill/hood latch going from headlight to headlight and run that back to my new radiator upper support. But any who, I've got some time off scheduled so we'll see what I can come up with.

Fuel system is basically done. Just need to do some research on how to vent the fuel tank.

e5Z7dhB.jpg

6rRGYcP.jpg

sexy!

The other day I whipped up a quick intercooler mount and then promptly ran out of gas. Exchanged my tank and kept on it today. Just need to work on some piping next. The plan for that is to get a 2.5" tubing kit and use the left overs to mate the 3" downpipe to my old 2.5" exhaust that we made a few years ago when it had the B20.

Also confirmed that I'll have to cut a little more metal out at the very back of the trans tunnel where it tapers down so that the slip yoke will fit in there. Already talked to the driveshaft shop and I'm gonna drop my yoke and flange off there tomorrow so they can make me a 2.5" one piece shaft.

Sent Stephen those old cheap eBay coilover sleeves from way back so he can NOT DO IT RIGHT and weld some tops on for rear spring adjusters. That'll require me to cut out the factory spring "cup" on the frame rail. Then I should have room for 9" wheels back there.

AXsaOS0.jpg

Gg92LGg.jpg

Someone suggested that I shouldn't hard-mount my radiator so I picked up some nylon washers to hopefully put that to rest.

SkDzlFx.jpg

Y6zcU5c.jpg

GYpgxDA.jpg

Picked up another set of wheels also. These are three-piece Enkei Algernon Intelesse in 17x8/9". Probably from the early '90s. The rears should be bolt-on once I cut the spring cups out. Fronts will get a ~30mm slip spacer and long ARP studs. I thought the gold would suck but I kinda like it. Gotta order tires and then we'll see how much it grows on me once the car is driving.

MHdSLAJ.jpg

Back