• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"The white" Volvo 945 turbo -98

My windshield crackt this winter, so a new one had to be put in.

Torpedo plate removed. The brown you see is rustprotectionwax.

Old windshield gone.

The inside of the torpedo plate..

New windshield.

New one! Nice!:cool:

Still Pilkington who makes the windshields.

Last edited:
I will be purchasing a couple NEW windshields for my 944T and 745T.

Did the installer have the correct clips, or did you purchase and provide them?

Is there a "new version" which excludes metal fascia all around the glass? Or did they use your original pieces in the corners? I'd like to see a pic of what your corners look like after install of the new glass.

Also following your progress!

I will be purchasing a couple NEW windshields for my 944T and 745T.

Did the installer have the correct clips, or did you purchase and provide them?

Is there a "new version" which excludes metal fascia all around the glass? Or did they use your original pieces in the corners? I'd like to see a pic of what your corners look like after install of the new glass.

Also following your progress!

New clips is included with the new windshield.

They used the old frames (or what the are called?) to the new shield then it is exactly as the old one.

I can take a couples of piktures for you.

Your installer did a better job than mine did. The clips are all coming apart on mine and the frames are rusting. :grrr:

That was not so good!:-(

In "my" garage there allways meticulous in what they do. He put some silicongreas on the clips so trey would not break wen he put the frames back on.

There are a lot of crappy windshield installers. I don't believe you can source the clips anymore. I got lucky on a real warm day and was able to extract all the clips from a car in the junkyard. If you are careful and the clips aren't brittle, you can extract clips without too much trouble. When you take your car to have a new windshield installed, explain to the installer that the clips need to be installed first and that they just can't glob whatever adhesive that they use. The adhesive must be applied uniformly so the trim pieces can slide on to the clips without being obstructed. I will be doing this soon.

Back