• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Weber DCOE Tuning Questions

The numbers I used assumed you had the VV101 cam. The calculator says to use seat to seat valve timing numbers for best results but the closest I could find were valve events @ .020" lift using this site for reference. That means that dynamic compression is actually a bit lower.

DynamicCompressionRatioCalcIsky101.jpg

Using the numbers for a VV71 it works out to 8.90:1.

Yep that's my favorite calculator except that everything is in some units made up based on a mythological kings thumb ferfawkssake.....:wtf:

What's nice with that is you can keep banging in numbers till you get dynamic up to high 9s maybe 10:1---then see whatchoo need for "static" to get that number.:oogle:

I got the rod length wrong. It's 5.7" not 5.71" but it made no difference in the calculation.

Edit:

Then again maybe not. 6 bolt crank rods are 5.7", 8 bolt crank rods are 5.713".

Looking at the specification books again it's just a conversion error. They're both supposed to be 145mm.

Last edited:
Ah okay, I was missing the seat-to-seat part of that.

I'm going to do a little more research and come up with a plan. The owner from the PNW says the car definitely had the vv101 in it when he sold it (he pulled a vv71 out to put the vv101 in) and he also said the guides have been cut down, but not the spring seats, for clearance. I wonder if that extra little lift on the U cam would cause issues there... If I can get away without pulling the head and machine work for the time being that would be ideal, I'm sure the motor will need a refresh in a couple of seasons anyways.

I setup my 45 DCOEs last night for what I think will be ball park settings based on multiple other setups that are near my engine. I'll report back with numbers as soon as I have them. Specs as follows:

37mm chokes
150 main
200 air
60 idle
200 needle/seat

Back