• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2016 East vs. West Competition.

Finally got out this weekend at IFO in Tulsa. After the t5 swap, using the ignition cut feature on the waste spark board I went from having a lazy, no-spinning no 60 ft'in pile of junk to a car that can't hook up worth a ****. Had the boost turned down so once I got it turned back up the mph came back, but I'm gonna need tires to get any kind of et. Best pass was 14.3 @ 105 :-(

Hey, right now, we need all the points we can get! :-P

I have to finish the XC70 first, but once that's running again, I'll get the trans/converter sorted out and get back to the track.

hahaha. well I've gotta local guy putting a car together, may talk him into running it at the track, if Marv sorts his out (heh), it should do well, this ain't just a one man band over here ;)

I think it is great that you guys are growing the redblock hot rod scene still. I go to the gatherings here and it is all newer front drive cars now.

Time for my excuses? I destroyed the AW71 in my daily driver trying to haul 500lbs of junk to New Mexico. Running 90mph on the steep mountain roads with that load boiled all the fluid out of the trans. Then it melted some things inside when it started slipping. I guess I need more cooling.

hahaha. well I've gotta local guy putting a car together, may talk him into running it at the track, if Marv sorts his out (heh), it should do well, this ain't just a one man band over here ;)

RogerDee and I should be able to get some times in also in the near future... He should get in the 10's while I should get in the high 11's.

Excuses for sure!

I think Kenny is holding onto my MS box to keep me from getting it on in time to run this year. That and the 531 plus some tuning and I'll throw the slicks on. Got a spare 71L in the garage now, just needs the mod then I'll turn up the wick on the one in the car, send it to the gods in a blaze of glory. :)

I'm looking for a cool day to goto the track. I swapped out my 15g to a 20T. I'm upping the boost as we speak. In the last week I went from 14psi to 18psi then to 22 psi and hopefully 25 psi today. 22 psi made a S5 Audi owner question what the hell probably on an entrance ramp when he couldn't shake me.

I also fixed my alternator issue. My 13.7 pass wasn't a clean pass because I had to feather it the last of 1/4 mile because my voltage dropped and started going lean on the pump. I hope this gets me a 13.2 or better. A 12 would be awesome.

MS has arrived! Hoping to install next weekend.
Valve GB hopefully finishing up soon, so HG and 531 to be installed in the next month, maybe 2.
Spare trans acquired, needs mods, then it's ready to install.

Hoping for 12's out here as well. :)

I found an awesome spreadsheet. It calculates wheel weight differences and the affect it has in chassis weight. Dropping 14lbs a wheel according to my estimated torque output is close to 300lbs out of my chassis. I'm looking forward to tonight.

MS has arrived! Hoping to install next weekend.
Valve GB hopefully finishing up soon, so HG and 531 to be installed in the next month, maybe 2.
Spare trans acquired, needs mods, then it's ready to install.

Hoping for 12's out here as well. :)

Btw good luck and if you do please move to the east side. More points the better!

Last edited:
Back