• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.4 swap, Speedometer

sorry to revive an old thread. i'm converting from 2.2-2.4 right now and i have a question.

You mention a few times a red/black wire that goes to 12v switched. I have the same plug in the picture but no red/black wire.... it's all hooked up correctly from what i see in this thread but cranks, has fuel, no start... help?

9_pinLH24.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a goofy viedo of the surging idle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8HCfLTIBKs

Do you think the speedo wire disconnected would really cause this? Or is it something else? All the sensors to the computers including MAF, TPS, and Temp sensor have good connections. TPS and Temp give proper readings. Havent checked MAF values at the computer yet. I think its 2.4 not knowing what to do with 850 Turbo injectors. I know my car did some whacky idling with different injectors than stock.

Did you ever resolve this? Couldn't any reference to it in your later thread

Sounds similar to the idle surge I have with LH2.2/EZK117 - I was considering converting to LH2.4, assuming that would fix it....

To close out my question, my issue with idle surge was caused by voltage drop to the ignition coil supply side. Rewired, problem gone. Still doing 2.2 - 2.4 conversion parts - gathering phase.

I ran without my speedo cluster hooked up on a stock 1990 240. I had moments of HIGH idle after freeway speeds. Nothing that caused poor driveability. My conclusion so far is that it will be acceptable enough to run without speedo signal.

I figured I'd resurrect this thread and piggyback off of it as my question might help others in the future.

For those with 2.4 with 1030 rear end (I swapped the 1030 in to get cheap gears) and who switch to GPS speedo: what are the option to get speed signal to 2.4 if needed. I read that 2.4 can can have idle issues without speed signal. I think it was mentioned early in this thread about a driveshaft sensor. Anyone know one that meets the 12 pulse constraint?

Back