• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pertronix Ignitor for JFUR 4 02311460878 vacuum retard distributor

smncutler

Pertronix Ignitor for JFUR 4 0231146078 vacuum retard distributor

Someone told me Pertronix 1844 was correct for my distributor, I bought it, it won't fit. I searched for the right one and nothing came up. I found an old thread on Brickboard asking the same question, with no replies. Now what?

JFUR 4 0231146078 cast iron

While we're on the subject, why is the points plate shifted and rubbing on the shaft?

Last edited:
The top ? of the breaker plate centers on the lower ? with a small lip in the center. The lip can wear out which will allow it to move off center. You can remove the breaker plate and take it apart to verify if this is the problem. Just be careful of the ground strap between the 2 halves.

I've never liked the Pertronix Ignitor very much, but they have better coverage for the older Bosch distributors than the Compu-Fire kit that I'm using in my '71 142E (although I recently learned that Pertronix now owns Compu-Fire). I guess if you can't beat 'em, buy 'em out.

Back