• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Your Favorite Sounding B230 Turbo 3 Inch Exhaust Setup

Now.. that is awesome ! Whether it is amplified by the tunnel.. :)

Thanks guys. It sounds like that normally but the tunnel doesn't hurt it. It's a B230F, homebrew header, HY35, 3" all the way back with like a 21" Dynomax glass pack. There are very few bends in the exhaust, I think just the 2 90 degree bends at the front. The glass pack is just enough to clean the sound up but it still has that raspy red block sound.

what i learned is, that openpipe from turbo to tip in 3" does not always sound best ;)

My fav sound is that very dirty aggressive brapbrapBRAP through a short 3" hoodvented or sidepipe pipewith a pounding screamerpipe like Bamse had in his old shat underpants.

Now.. that is awesome ! Whether it is amplified by the tunnel.. :)

What are Glasspack mufflers? Straight through with holepipe and glassfibre wrapped around it ? Like Cherrybombs?
Please stick to the criteria. Let's keep this a clean thread. No hard feelings!

Ben

Given the plan to keep this thread going, I guess I'll share my yet to be installed system for my near stock 745ti.

Stock downpipe to 3" adapter to 3" all the way to the stock muffler location to a thrush 3" welded muffler (non glasspack) to a $12 chrome exhaust tip coming out of the stock cutout.

I'll definitely share pictures and videos when I get it installed.

i'm planning on replacing my stock 940 downpipe with a 3" mandrel bent stainless and an electric cutout

I currently have a side exit on mine with a 15g turbo. I'm running a high flow cat and a muffler. It's juuuuuust a bit too civilized for me. It's 3" all the way.

I would fit this into the category of you could go anywhere with it and people aren't gonna notice. Which sucks. That said... people say the drone of the side exit and the wagon sucks. With my setup it's totally fine. I could drive it for hours no issue.

This is the only vid I have and it was like 20 seconds after I got the car running so like... take it with salt.

There's no turbo noise through the exhaust which sucks. With the 15g and just the downpipe though... the thing was like a GD semi truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKzJooxmAmY

Ben, you have numerous inputs... IDK what more you are looking for?

IMO 2.5" turbo back with a Cat or Magnaflow SS straight through or Cherry Bomb is all you need for a street turbo setup (pick 1 - Cat + muffler is too quiet). It only gets loud under WOT.

Noise is very subjective though. Keep in mind that the Turbo itself is a muffler of sorts. Open headers on a NA car is completely different and ear shattering.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NTrAYR3l1-8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3" MVP downpipe, 3" mandrel bent with Mangnaflow muffler

From inside the car... B230FT + 16V, 3 inches front to back, no cat and only a Vibrant shorty muffler at the back... Garrett T04E with custom header (Linuxman's old one), Tial waste gate and blow off valve. Waste gate dumps to the ground.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mbjiNsH8-bs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Outside the car... Mine was the black 745 with the slipping clutch. Inside shots are from my car and Roger-Dee's old B230 16V +T setup (White 940). The 242 is our friend Dave with a somewhat built B230ft 8V:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v3PjcbIoNdw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Back