• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2016 East vs. West Competition.

Yep, I'm hoping for anything 14 or better in the 122, probably wont be running launch control or flat shift since the motor will still be in break-in-ish :rofl:

That's still respectable. :) I hope I can get my misfire sorted out by then. I think I might be faster on my street tires than my slicks right now...I'll be (temporarily) happy with a 13.7 at anything over 103. :oops:

Alright, the high mark has been set for the turbo class. Yall have a couple of months (maybe) to try and get there while I figure out what I'm going to do with the engine in the gold car.

I keep having some real life BS come up to stop me from going to the track. I don't have my time slip in front of me but I ran a 13.4 @ 106.4 2 months ago. So help me god, if anything stops me going to Street Heat at Bradenton Motorsports Park on June 10th I'm going to go postal. I will have a video and time slip of what I am expecting to be a 12.5 pass.

Major fail today.

Last weekend, we installed the new high stall converter, and a junkyard AW71 - my reasoning was I'd been beating on the trans that I had in the car a while, so a stock one should be fresher and should have more life left in it. Converter felt a bit sloppy on street tires, but whatever. So I made it to the track tonight.

Although I bettered my last run launch-wise (2.1 60) - I ran 1.1 seconds slower, and lost 13 mph. My trans felt like it never engaged, it was in constant slip the whole way down the track to a blistering 15.0 @ 90. I stopped after that run - no sense boiling my trans fluid.

While I can't be 100% it's the converter, I have a hunch that it is. I will be taking it out and returning it when I get the chance, going back to my other trans, and moving to a slightly better spooling turbo (GT2871R, internal).

Hopefully I can make it out in the next few weeks. Got the t5 in, and I'm suspecting I've been blowing through the converter for a while. Car is a completely different animal, and with good tires on a sticky track I think it's got a 12 in its near future.

cars feel different going from auto to manual. Given the sort of abuse that coverters have seen over the years, I'd be a little surprised if you were blowing through it tho.

good luck and get it to the track!

Major fail today.

Last weekend, we installed the new high stall converter, and a junkyard AW71 - my reasoning was I'd been beating on the trans that I had in the car a while, so a stock one should be fresher and should have more life left in it. Converter felt a bit sloppy on street tires, but whatever. So I made it to the track tonight.

Although I bettered my last run launch-wise (2.1 60) - I ran 1.1 seconds slower, and lost 13 mph. My trans felt like it never engaged, it was in constant slip the whole way down the track to a blistering 15.0 @ 90. I stopped after that run - no sense boiling my trans fluid.

While I can't be 100% it's the converter, I have a hunch that it is. I will be taking it out and returning it when I get the chance, going back to my other trans, and moving to a slightly better spooling turbo (GT2871R, internal).

I'd try it with the old trans. Don't replace what's working with unknowns, you don't know what happened to the jy AW71. I've picked em up and had em **** out right away

Can't have the Best Coast lagging. Drastic times call for drastic measures. So I stuffed a spare 496 BBC in my 245. Corners are a bitch.

Picture%20035-M.jpg

Just kidding.

Fine guys. If I grab a spare AW71L this weekend, once it is modded and ready to swap in, and the 531 and MS are back in, I'll throw the slicks on it and turn up the wick a little, shoot for high 12's.

Finally got out this weekend at IFO in Tulsa. After the t5 swap, using the ignition cut feature on the waste spark board I went from having a lazy, no-spinning no 60 ft'in pile of junk to a car that can't hook up worth a ****. Had the boost turned down so once I got it turned back up the mph came back, but I'm gonna need tires to get any kind of et. Best pass was 14.3 @ 105 :-(

We'll see how soon I can get it back out. Track was a little on the greasy side as well. Normally tulsa is pretty good on prep

Back