• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.2 chips may be a reality

i'm highly interested.
between a 5 bar fuel regulator and injectors AND this chip - i think lh2.2 has opportunities.

so where is this whole thing? are chips being made yet?

Well i took apart two spare #541 2.2 boxes i had lying around and was surprised to find HUGE differences between two of the "same" ECU's.. ANd amazingly enough one even looks liek it could be chipped.. unless it already has been.. but i really have no idea..
Here are some pics:

828899.jpg

828900.jpg

828901.jpg

Thanks a lot Jonny!

That actually helped me very much.

And Seth:
Some news is going to be announced very soon by the way... Not much left until this is a reality now :-D . (Only a few days actually)

Just wanted to say I would also be interested in a chip for my 2.2. I have a 541 box but i've never taken it apart. (it's my daily driver). Right now I'm running a 60 trim T3, 90+ manifold, 3" exhaust, ipd turbo cam and gear and MBC@ 8psi. Brown tops in waiting and looking for an NPR intercooler. Would there be any benefits for me?

Thanks,
Scott

Would there be any benefits for me?
Yes, since you are running better comnponents than stock, then I guess that the chip will do a lot for you.

You have been added to the list.

BTW: We are really close now. Only a few days left until testing.

Yes, since you are running better comnponents than stock, then I guess that the chip will do a lot for you.

You have been added to the list.

BTW: We are really close now. Only a few days left until testing.

After the chip, what would have to be done?

After the chip, what would have to be done?
Set your base timing as high as possible without ping at 14psi and then back off a degree or two.

If you have done other mods like injectors and stuff, then do the AMM trick again.

Some small mods are always required, at least on LH2.2.

Set your base timing as high as possible without ping at 14psi and then back off a degree or two.

If you have done other mods like injectors and stuff, then do the AMM trick again.

Some small mods are always required, at least on LH2.2.

I have brown tops that I haven't installed yet. If you don't mind me asking, what is the AMM trick?

It's been a few days!!!!
Yes it has.

And I just got my broadband connection back after being without internet for 10 days.

The chips are done.
The price will unfortunately be $250 + $12.50 for shipping since this was a custom job. It is extremely cheap concidering that they are the only LH2.2 chips officially offered anywhere in the world, and also concidering that almost all other chips out there cost $350-1000+, it is well worth it.

Before I can send out chips to all the ones that wants them I need to send out a 591 chip to Canuckvolvo and a 541 chip to someone else who can try it immediately on arrival (and also solder it if nessecary).

Canuckvolvo, can you pay me through PayPal soon (if you want to be the first with a 591 chip that is)?

Anyone that are willing to try the 541 chip for me?

Glad to hear the good news! I'd love to try out the 541, but right now my 89 744ti is in pieces. Once the real world testing is done and you're ready to send them out I'll take one.. i know i've expressed interest but i am not sure if i made it official.. Ideally i'll get the car sorted out and put together and drive on the stock chips for a bit before installing the chip so i can get a better grasp on the improvements while keeping boost and everything else the same..

Also, Patrick, incase you see this, let me know if you are still in for a chip so we could see about combining our orders to make things easier and maybe save a bit on shipping...

I need someone to try (buy) the 541 chip, and also have the ability to test it (and even solder) immediately on arrival.

Anyone?

what would I need to check to see if these chips would be compatible my box? I have LH 2.2, where do I need to look on the box? (P.S. - hopefully its not really obvious, I haven't even tried looking yet)

I'm working some hardcore OT right now, a chip may be a decent reward when its done.

what would I need to check to see if these chips would be compatible my box? I have LH 2.2, where do I need to look on the box? (P.S. - hopefully its not really obvious, I haven't even tried looking yet)

I'm working some hardcore OT right now, a chip may be a decent reward when its done.
The ECU can be found here:

And the number I need is the top one:

Do you want to be added to the preliminary interest list?

And come on guys! Anyone here that feels like they will be the first to try the 541?

Woot, 591 on the way!

I just hope the weather stays nice for a few more weeks. Got a bit of snow yesterday, didn't stick, so much for an indian summer. It will probably hit 25 again before the end of september. crazy mountain weather.

I'll do my best to get back to back comparisons, even just with the g-tech, but hopefully at the track if they can manage a race night before they close for the season.

Back