• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jumping low pressure switch

DME

vague member
The AC is not working in my '84. It's a factory conversion from R12. I have charged it but the compressor is not kicking on.

Is there any risk to my jumping the connections for the low pressure switch to text the compressor? I had a log splitter explode in my years ago and I am ultra gun shy about repeating the "machine exploding in face" experience.

Thanks

Dave

I don't have an answer for you, but I did this with switched power on my 93 (which is a different system) that I assumed didn't work, so I was fighting an uphill battle anyhow.

In my car it takes a second or two for the magnets to fire.

You're fine to jumper them, common practice to test or charge some systems. All the switch does is jumper them under the correct pressures anyway. Just don't leave them jumpered.

You're fine to jumper them, common practice to test or charge some systems. All the switch does is jumper them under the correct pressures anyway. Just don't leave them jumpered.

Because you might burn up your compressor.

It still won't splooge on your pretty face.

Actually, ****.

I remember that last time I was under the car I saw a green wire hanging down, not attached. Spade on the end. It was on the driver side about half-way into the engine bay. I totally blanked on that, must be spending too much time enjoying my divorce.

Any tips on where that bad boy might go?

At the compressor end it should find a male spade to attach to. The udder end goes to the thermostat control in the dash.

Back