• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

E85 Injectors on LH2.2

nickm

Contemplating an E85 conversion for a

LH2.2 (freds Chips) B230FT
tight squish running B230ET pistons 531 head.
TD05-14B 3" exhaust and downpipe. VX3 cam(ATM)

If I ran Bosch 0280 150 558 (440 cc)would this be with in range or would other injectors be more suitable. I'm concerned about using the LH2.2 am I going to get rich/lean problems.
Other suggestions would be cool on how to control this system.

Has anyone set up a flex fuel or E85 alone system on LH2.2 by just injector upgrade, if so how are your A/F ratios.
Also what would be a way of being able to switch back to standard fuel? I see ways of changing the injector flow up with the plug-ins. How could you decrease flow without fuel map changes?

I have not heard of anyone doing this, but I do not see why you could not do it. From your list, it looks like you have what you need. They only thing I would worry about would be the fuel lines being eaten up by the ethanol.

I have not heard of anyone doing this, but I do not see why you could not do it. From your list, it looks like you have what you need. They only thing I would worry about would be the fuel lines being eaten up by the ethanol.

Bumping old thread but wasn't the ethanol eating fuel lines thing debunked?

Bumping old thread but wasn't the ethanol eating fuel lines thing debunked?

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=73061

1. It is not corrosive to the fuel system or the engine. This is a myth and ethanol is often confused with methanol, which actually have corrosive properties. Some models before 1988 on the other hand may have some parts that is not ethanol resistant. If we are talking Volvo?s, then this mainly applies to the non-electronically injection systems such as K-jet etc. Most cars with electronical fuel injection (EFI) should be resistant to ethanol.

anyone run E85 on LH2.2?

Yes, 3"AMM, 66# injectors, T3/T4 50 trim with ATP Ultimate Wastegate, 20degrees timing advance, currently stock T cam, have IPD turbo cam to throw in soon. NGK Br8ES plugs, ipd wires. Walbro255 in tank. No chips.

It runs pretty damn strong. Want to convert to Microsquirt at some point, or another VEMS install to get the full potential.

45-50% bigger injectors at the same pressure then the ones used for gasoline will get you in the right ballpark for E85 use.
i used 440cc/min@3bar in my B230FK which used chipped LH2.4 and chipped EZK.
It ran really good except for winter cold starts. (took a bit longer operation of the starter) Perfect closed loop AFR's and safe/rich WOT AFR's
Stock fuel pump, cossie T3, stock AMM, 13-14psi boost, 530-head, tight squish by thinner MLS gasket, stock T-cam.

I have seen mighty car mods Youtube vids in which they installed larger injectors and an aftermarket flexfuel sensor which they hooked up to aftermarket engine management.
That way they could use any fuel ranging from E85 to E0 (= pure gasoline) because the aftermarket ECU re-calculated the AF-mapping based on the flexfuel sensor input.

Thats a cool build^....Tempting a copy of some ideas if you don't mind...sounds like a fun little daily. What was the fuel consumption?

Thats a cool build^....Tempting a copy of some ideas if you don't mind...sounds like a fun little daily. What was the fuel consumption?

Mine sucks, 12mpg, but I can't keep my foot off the skinny pedal cause it's so fun! :-D

I'm also guessing my injectors are still a tad too big, and being able to tune the fuel map will benefit greatly if I ever get to wiring in micro. It's my daily though, so having it down for any period of time is a pain, no time with little kiddos running around these days.

Back