• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New site layout

Question based on the new reorganization demoting showroom back to general... I've always put my junk in showroom because it's felt like the Projects and Restorations was for the serious "taken off the road for months" Projects. But the new layout makes me feel like I should be posting in Projects instead.

What're the thoughts on what is and isn't a project? I've swapped engines etc in my showroom threads...

M.

I feel like the project forum is single threaded for a running history of a car. It probably shouldn't be in 'mechanical' since it shouldnt be used for q&a type help but I felt like it was more inline with those topics than stuff in 'general'.

Showroom should really change into something different.. i just dont know what yet. Its mostly just photos of cars and wheel posts right? Maybe it could be somewhere to post up "what you did this weekend (with pics!)" kind of posts?

Showroom should really change into something different.. i just dont know what yet. Its mostly just photos of cars and wheel posts right? Maybe it could be somewhere to post up "what you did this weekend (with pics!)" kind of posts?

Showroom has historically been where people post cool stuff they're doing with their cars AND they want people to actually see it. It seems like Projects were always much less visited and posts were less seen, at least that's how it was when Projects were hidden in Showroom.

So I like Projects much better now that it's out in the open. Maybe some of the people with active Project threads can comment if their threads are more active since the change.

Dave B

So I like Projects much better now that it's out in the open. Maybe some of the people with active Project threads can comment if their threads are more active since the change.

Dave B

agreed, I think the only growing pain is that with projects more out front it seems to be catching more mis-posts that don't really belong in projects. Not a big deal though.

Cool glad you guys agreed with the change then :)

FNG here. The fact that a bunch of you turbobrickers joined when I was in elementary school blows my mind, holy cow. This forum has served as a handy source of information throughout the years; even before I joined when I tinkered with my old 240's...
Thanks for taking care of the forum!

Back