• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

Hey, nice car, good stuff, took a week of procastinating to work my way through this mess of a thread:-P

I might now need to go and scam my neighbor out of his green 242 on stock pogo sticks for the next project, looking forward to the 16v sounds:cool:

Filled with coolant, found leak. Tach driver fried itself. Mulling front seat mounts that retain the height adjustment mechanism.

I'm not very good at describing the ideating/enginerding/fabricobbling or the adjustment/problem solving processes. Sorry.

Filled with coolant, found leak. Tach driver fried itself. Mulling front seat mounts that retain the height adjustment mechanism.

I'm not very good at describing the ideating/enginerding/fabricobbling or the adjustment/problem solving processes. Sorry.

I just want more pics friendo

Here's some more pics. Just found out that SCCA Track Night publishes event pictures. Here are some from the June 2018 event:

dsc-6680_orig.jpg

dsc-6681_orig.jpg

dsc-6682_orig.jpg

dsc-6754_orig.jpg

dsc-6755_orig.jpg

dsc-6757_orig.jpg

dsc-6758_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Made progress on the engine bay. Couple to-dos and some issues to fix,

-So far it needs the strut/booster brace installed, leak at the coolant transfer pipe fixed, and a catch can bracket made.

-The intercooler piping wasn't measured quite perfectly as there is some deflection on the silicone joiners.
-Coolant bottle sits too high and makes contact with the hood insulation (it might be okay though; doesn't seem to be too big of a problem.
-The diverter valve needs something like a 180 degree coupler also as it's awfully close to the crankcase vent fitting on the intake tube.
-Speaking of that, the intake tube fouls on the hose going to the expansion tank. Might chop/re-fit that later. Not caring a whole lot about it at present.
-Lastly, the throttle spool is awfully twitchy off idle. I will have to come up with an eccentric pulley solution that gives me less deflection per pedal distance at first.

HoBo8fgh.jpg

bkVfXRLh.jpg

EpGCyWMh.jpg

:-P

I know

in all seriousness are you getting rid of the shopvacc filter for something else ?

It's a factory Honda S2000 air filter. It's huge, easy to fit because cone, and made out of paper, so it actually filters air unlike all of the aftermarket garbage out there.

he "likes" it

You are more than welcome to make me an air box. FOR F</a>REE.

Back