• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(formerly) The $700 1988 245

19t angled flange. Needs more fuel now.

O9kehnQh.jpg

RIP your fresh M46.

hey hey, hope that 19t goes with some big injectors amd that 3 in AMM ;)

BTW, did you ever fix your random rich spike in cruise? currently battling that problem myself..

hey hey, hope that 19t goes with some big injectors amd that 3 in AMM ;)

BTW, did you ever fix your random rich spike in cruise? currently battling that problem myself..

I have a 3 inch but I think it might be LH2.4, not sure. Rich spike seemed to be mainly cold weather/cold engine related. Sometimes it happens once if I drive it without letting it warm up for a minute or two first. We'll see if it comes back this winter.

012 is lh2.4. not sure what the 2.2 would be.

Yeah, I think it's 012. I tried simply plugging it in awhile ago, just runs rich. I found it sitting on the core support of a junkyard 960. I also have this weird MAF that says "Fuel injection corporation" with no labels that makes the car run so rich it barely runs. I think it came in a box of parts with the car.

Also after I put in the 19t I accidentally pegged the boost gauge at 20psi and the AFRs went into the 16s. Set to 15psi for now, sits in the 10s in boost. Need to do some injector research.

in right there with ya..I have t5 injectors and w/ my 16t at 15psi its low in 10w...if I lower boost to say, 12psi , it stays around 10.8-11.2 .

I needs a new IC, so that could be my problem...

When I brake the steering goes right, as in I have to hold the wheel about 10-15 degrees to the left to go straight, then it returns back to center when I come to a stop. Doesn't really seem to get worse the harder I brake, so I doubt it's actually the brakes themselves. Also sometimes when I go over a bump I get death wobble for a second or two. I checked over the front suspension completely and the only issue I can find is a tiny amount of play in the passenger outer tie rod. I've had way more play in the tie rods without this happening. I did recently do the control arms and bushings, but this started happening a little while after. Drives straight and smooth on the highway.

Also the clutch shakes when it's slipping in first gear. But only in first. If I start off in second it's perfectly smooth. Same clutch and flywheel as my M47 and this has been happening since I put in the M46. (Which was fine in the car I took it out of.) The harder I take off, the harder it shakes.

You sure you don’t have a stuck caliper? After you stop driving do you smell anything or is it hotter near the wheels more on one side than the other?

That wobble sounds like bad bump steer but if you checked everything up front, maybe the rear is causing some issues..?

My clutch did the same thing once and it was the throw out bearing. Didn’t ever remember it being different in second though so I can’t guarantee it being that but it was on mine. Good thing is you can check it from the hole in the bell housing. Put it on stands and have a helper try and go forward in first while you watch the bearing and clutch through that inspection hole.

Good luck finding the issues. It’s always something with these bricks lol.

Exhaust fell off. Sounds sick tho.

sRAcmtsh.jpg

Snapped the narrow band wires and the only thing keeping my downpipe from being run over by traffic was my wideband. I really hope it's okay.

This is an i4 FWD model. Awful car. Less than 100k on it and it has about 4 warning lights at any given time.

Also after I took that pic my coffee fell out of the stupid cupholder.
'

Yeah not worth owning unless you've got the V6. they're pretty quick and torquey.
My parents have yet to have any issues with theirs at 170k km.

Why can't people ****ing look before they pull out?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j_TJhnnjfsQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Left my phone in my dad's car, so pics later. Hit hard enough that the engine wouldn't start afterwards. Dumb ****ing bitch killed my car and an old Accord because she didn't look. Tried to blame the Accord driver for speeding too.

This was my only working car. 313k on the clock.. RIP.

Last edited:
I'm extremely glad you're okay.
RIP one of my favorite cars on here.

Make it clear to the insurance company that its their job to make you whole again (ie, money to build/purchase another +t 245).

I'm totally fine. Well, my pinkie hurts a little bit. Car is definitely done for, my strut braces are all pretzel-y. I wanna buy it back because I only have like 8k on the motor since rebuild. Plus the locker and suspension goodies that made it so much fun to drive, and my brand new tires on Virgos. E codes are all over the road and my new battery probably got the juice squished out of it.

The cup in between seat and parking brake trick is totally legit, even though everything inside my car flew all over the place (Even the shift knob) I still got to drink my coffee. Watching those two cars heading straight towards me with nothing I could do about it was a really ****ty feeling.

happy you're ok and you had a dashcam. Do you have pictures of the damaged car? I'm curious

Well, its good to hear that at least most of the major mechanical stuff can be saved.
I'm curious if the motor mounts sheared like they were supposed to.

Back