• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

volvo polaris wheels

...and they were an expensive option at that. OE Polaris wheels were originally some outrageous price like $900/each (or more) IIRC. I could be waay off on that though. Very few were installed as the optional upgrade IIRC, so the chances of stumbling across a set in the junkyards is about 10,000,000:1 here in the states. But they're common in Europe from what I understand. :-(

They were options on the 700/900 series, but I don't know when they became/stopped being available as optional wheels. I think it was the early-mid 90's though...

-Justin

Right, they're still available, but you can't check the box on the new car ordering form for the Polaris wheel option anymore is all I was saying. You have to talk to the dealership parts people now, and be prepared with your credit statement and your first born. ;-) I think Noah244Ti had some actual Polaris wheels, not the Eiker replicas, imported about a year or so ago(?), but I don't know what he paid.

-Justin

yes they were an option but very exspensive so very rare in the U.S. i don't know if anyone has found any in a J/Y here before. i belive they were a 1200$ option in the late 80's eary 90's. so most american's buying "the safe car" didn't want to spring for something like that. not to get too offtopic, but the only people i imagen who did get them were middle aged men who were forced to buy a family car and still were trying to look cool. lol

hey....what about those other wheels. they look like a polaris, but are 7 spoke, the ones that put polaris to SHAME!!!!! can you find them through the same type search or are they not a US OEM Volvo wheel.

(edit-o)
THIS IS THE WHEEL THAT OWNS THE POLARIS.
284809_248_full.jpg

matt.

Last edited:
If you think about it, Volvo offered 16" rims as an option in the early to mid-80's. At that time, even Ferrari's only came with 14" rims (early 308's). 15" were rare and 16" had very few if any tire options as replacements or originals. The Corvette was one of the few to start with the big wheel low profile tire option with the 84 (17"). By the time 15" tire/wheel combos were almost standard, Volvo had moved on to a different body style (700-900 series) and different wheel designs.

black240-002.jpg

Probably the only set you or I will ever see. I think RWTurbo would sell his left leg before selling these rims. They were on my car before I bought it.
Lucky Bastd.

boosted...i think that site you posted also sells gemini's...they dont show a pic, but i cant think of any other 16x7 flat faced 5 spoke rims ;-)

i like gemini, galaxy, polaris, and argons as factory wheels...but the argons are balls expensive

what do argon's look like? i am curious. and tell me ALOT MORE about the galaxy wheels, where they come from and what not. the more info the better.

matt.

Last edited:
schaff70 said:
http://members.cox.net/schaff70/black240-002.jpg
Probably the only set you or I will ever see. I think RWTurbo would sell his left leg before selling these rims. They were on my car before I bought it.
Lucky Bastd.
Dana's brother has a set. If he ever sells them, I think I have right of first refusal. He knows how bad I want them.

Galaxy's are actually not hard to get. The Volvo warehouses in the US got (atleast did a few years ago) a LARGE surplus of these wheels and they were available for cheap (~$120 a wheel so I heard). They weren't as popular as others apparentally and were relatively unknown, but I LOVE them more than all the rest.

Argons are sweet because they're ULTRA LIGHT.

-Andy

mAydAy said:
Galaxy's are actually not hard to get. The Volvo warehouses in the US got (atleast did a few years ago) a LARGE surplus of these wheels and they were available for cheap (~$120 a wheel so I heard). They weren't as popular as others apparentally and were relatively unknown, but I LOVE them more than all the rest.

Argons are sweet because they're ULTRA LIGHT.

-Andy

My dealer here said special order and $$$$$$$.

well then andy....tomorrow on my way home from school.... i will stop in and ask about the galaxy wheels, and see whats up with them. cause i am curious. so what is known about both the argon and galaxy wheels, what did they come on? what years? where they a US market wheel or something? i'd love to know these things so i can blab at the dealership parts guys.

matt.

Back