• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Redblock knocked...time to upgrade

16v + Turbo would be a great way to go.

If someone forced my to stay redblock, that is what I would do.

I mean, yea. If you can find a 16v head in good shape. People usually want good money for those. Then you gotta grind the pistons, do all sorts of other bs, upgrade the trans now because the m46 isn't going to take that abuse. $100 wrecked S90 donor gets to be very appealing at that point, and I prefer to have dirt common engine parts on a daily beater.

I'd honestly just get a used b230ft (and optionally freshen it up a bit) unless you're dead set on swapping it. If you are going to swap it the LS conversions are so well documented it seems like the obvious choice although I definitely hear you about the inline-preference.

Go B230FT, swap your AW70 for a manual, keep the Regina and buy my Regina dog dish flywheel! :-P
Can Regina manage a turbo setup?

And you get 5 rearward gears too! (They rotate anti-clockwise)
Easy, just put the whole Honda drivetrain in the trunk/hatch. Rear-engined VTEC Volvo?

There are guys here in the Netherlands that have developed parts so they can run honda motors clockwise.
Cool stuff. Made me think about a rwd honda swap for quite some time..

Hey everyone! Ill be going to the junkyard either this weekend or next week! I wish there was a turbobricks FB page or smth where I could live stream whats in there!

Important questions that have not been asked: what is your budget, and what is your skillset like?

G'day Fred, as you're a noobie here you don't understand how it worksd yet.. See this is primarily a forum for young pups in their teens and 20s.. It is a requiremnt to NEVER ask about end use, budget, tools owned, experience or really anything before launching into suggestions on exactly what the other guy should do..So almost nobody ever does. The boys here get all pissed off and say your (what used to be you're) being "condensational" or a "know it all" if you ask questions...

So with that in mind I recommend you should be converting your car to one of those Foul-coon DOHC 24v inline 6s with minimum 2 turbos. Got it? Should be super easy and only cost the normal Turbobrick budget of $17.95..US dollars of course. See how it works, din't even ask what car you have..

Trust me, I've been reading here for more than 10 years and I getting the hang of how things work.

You do have a Volvo dontcha? Well never mind do it anyway.

And remember, everything everybody says here is fawkin brilliant...just some things are fawkin brilliant-er than others, but its all brilliant.

G'day Fred, as you're a noobie here you don't understand how it worksd yet.. See this is primarily a forum for young pups in their teens and 20s.. It is a requiremnt to NEVER ask about end use, budget, tools owned, experience or really anything before launching into suggestions on exactly what the other guy should do..So almost nobody ever does. The boys here get all pissed off and say your (what used to be you're) being "condensational" or a "know it all" if you ask questions...

So with that in mind I recommend you should be converting your car to one of those Foul-coon DOHC 24v inline 6s with minimum 2 turbos. Got it? Should be super easy and only cost the normal Turbobrick budget of $17.95..US dollars of course. See how it works, din't even ask what car you have..

Trust me, I've been reading here for more than 10 years and I getting the hang of how things work.

You do have a Volvo dontcha? Well never mind do it anyway.

And remember, everything everybody says here is fawkin brilliant...just some things are fawkin brilliant-er than others, but its all brilliant.

:oogle: :oogle: :oogle: :oogle:

This is perfect

Ya except in reality John's thinking 10 years in the past, and everybody's in their 30's now with a wife, a couple of kids, minivan & house payment so the budget is now $14.99 shipped.

Good point. To the OP, if you like your Volvo then do what you think fits your lifestyle to get it back running properly with more HP that you desire.

Logically, by the time you convert any engine and/or rebuild one you could have purchased a decent used newer Volvo (or other) from the mid-2000s. So it is a labor of love/hobby etc more for personal fulfillment than economic reasoning.

Have fun with it whichever way you see fit within your real capabilities given tools/money/time constraints.

Ya except in reality John's thinking 10 years in the past, and everybody's in their 30's now with a wife, a couple of kids, minivan & house payment so the budget is now $14.99 shipped.

Dont forget tax

Good point. To the OP, if you like your Volvo then do what you think fits your lifestyle to get it back running properly with more HP that you desire.

Logically, by the time you convert any engine and/or rebuild one you could have purchased a decent used newer Volvo (or other) from the mid-2000s. So it is a labor of love/hobby etc more for personal fulfillment than economic reasoning.

Have fun with it whichever way you see fit within your real capabilities given tools/money/time constraints.

Thanks man. Yeah this is in no way being done as a financial investment...I would have better luck buying stock in ENRON LOL.

I have other cars I drive daily so this is more a puttering side project that I take on weekend trips, camping, and drive in theaters :)

Well stated. Truth.

OK 'cept they still think little widdle wankers living in mommy's basement.
But you're right the budget has gone down from $17.95...cause the boys all are used to instant-whim-satisfaction of having Amazon dropping it off next day--so yeah I reckon $14.99.
Shipped.

I'll adjust me thinking in futre (<-----that hain't a mis-spelling)

Back