• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SeanHodgins 1981 242 GLT

Do you have a picture, or semi description of how you ran your drain line?

Right now, the easiest way, is looking like through the 1st and 2nd runner.

A few pages back, sorry didn't see your post.

This picture.

turboafr-1.jpg

Shows I have a -10AN 45 to a long piece of hose to another 45 on the block

waycooler-4.jpg

One of the fat lines is the oil drain.

Thanks! Not sure how I missed the first one... sad part is I think I looked at that too but not really realizing it. I ended up going behind the runner, and wrapping the line in fire sleeve. I just got a few more AN fittings in and I may re-do it. Right now I have a 45 from the welded fitting on the block, and I think I may add a 45 off the turbo like you have. (I actually got it in Monday - just need to install it.)

If it's cool with you we should meet up sometime in the spring after I recover from Christmas ;-)

Sure, my lady is locked up in the garage until spring though. I have yet to start working on it since all of December is just exams and Christmas to me haha Probably get in there soon and get it up on jack stands.

Thanks! Not sure how I missed the first one... sad part is I think I looked at that too but not really realizing it. I ended up going behind the runner, and wrapping the line in fire sleeve. I just got a few more AN fittings in and I may re-do it. Right now I have a 45 from the welded fitting on the block, and I think I may add a 45 off the turbo like you have. (I actually got it in Monday - just need to install it.)

Ah yeah, I ended up redoing my lines more than a couple times. I'm pretty good at it now haha. They're a pain but the first time the feed was too short, and just wasn't a good feeling about it. I had a bunch of extra line so figured I would just do it right the first time while I was in there. The 45 off the turbo just gets it away from the runner a bit better.

Hahaha, I doubt I'm that famous, but I'm still in disbelief about being in PopSci, Glad to hear you saw it!

Its starting to warm up, time to pull the vehicle out of hibernation. Not going to lie, I had no time to work on her at all.

Shes out. Hose clamped the clutch cable so it doesn't slip, time for some sketchy driving before I start taking it apart again.

So... Adjusting the cable today, get it just where I want it then I go to check how it feels. No good, confused I go under the car to look. Brand new fork bent, great. Damn pressure plate.

BentForkjpg.jpg

Uhh yep, thats not right.(Don't mind the rust)

BentPedal.jpg

Seems the pedal got some of it too, I'm amazing how much it deformed.

Decided to start stripping the car since basically I can't drive it without dropping the trans anyway, so I've given up on rushing things to drive it this summer and will just slowly work on all the crap.
Pulled the entire interior today and am 1/3rd done scraping up the NVH tar under the carpet and seats. Then time for rust repair and widebody, along side dropping the rear end and replacing all the bushings + adding LSD. Good thing I didn't try to drive it to Carlisle this year.

Had some fun today. Shes going to be stripped to just the chassis eventually. Didn't sell the motor.

wiringremoval-1.jpg

wiringremoval-2.jpg

wiringremoval-3.jpg

wiringremoval-4.jpg

wiringremoval-5.jpg

Back