• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

91 940t crank but no start

todayzbrick12

She is too nice to crush. And I hate to just part her out. Help me get her running guys at least so someone would take her off my hands.
Taking up space in the garage that is needed for other projects.

Has spark, and fuel. Checked and both fuel pumps are working,
No codes showing up
Have checked things mentioned on step-by-step Volvo with no positive results.
Now do I understand this right. If I have fuel and spark the sensor on tranny is good?
What about he distributor? Those are the only two things besides computers I?m uncertain of.

Do you have consistent fuel and spark? Backstory on car: has it sat for a long time? Check injector resistor pack, they get corroded. Just because pumps are on doesn’t mean injectors are firing. Radio suppression relay is susceptible to failure as is its wiring. You can temporarily bypass it easily. This RSR relay will cause injectors not to fire.

Do you have consistent fuel and spark? Backstory on car: has it sat for a long time? Check injector resistor pack, they get corroded. Just because pumps are on doesn’t mean injectors are firing. Radio suppression relay is susceptible to failure as is its wiring. You can temporarily bypass it easily. This RSR relay will cause injectors not to fire.

I checked for 12v at green wires of injectors and green to injector resistor. Also got 12v at rsr red wire.

If at all uncertain about spark, hit it with a spritz of starting fluid. Does "no codes showing up" mean no lights, or just the codes for all is OK?

Back