• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Joined the Beige Club - '78 242DL

Hows the dash in this guy? I have a mint one for sale and would be willing to cut a better deal for an amazing project. Looking through the pics in the other build thread i saw a crack on the left side of the cluster. PM me if you're interested.

Good on ya Cameron - I'm kinda partial to those beige 242's.... ;)

Beige is a good color on a 240 for sure :)

Hows the dash in this guy? I have a mint one for sale and would be willing to cut a better deal for an amazing project. Looking through the pics in the other build thread i saw a crack on the left side of the cluster. PM me if you're interested.

The dash is OK, but not perfect, couple cracks. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with that yet. I was thinking of covering it in like, brown ultrasuede, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull that off without it being weird looking. You know, it's needs the authentic dookie brown look :rofl: Failing that, I'd probably take you up on that dash. I just haven't gotten to interior yet. I'll PM you about it :)

I did sneak in an hour or so of garage time tonight to finish up the taillights.

A couple decades of crappiness inside the lenses and shrunk down, dried out old seals:

DSC_3218.JPG

There was also a lot of crap in the housing too and some melty action too on a couple sockets (and on the inside of the one lens as seen above)

Masked off and painted the housings:

DSC_3219.JPG

Since the silvering on the inside sides of the lenses was flaking off and gross I masked off and painted the perimeter of the lenses too:

DSC_3222.JPG

As compared to the unpainted perimeter:

DSC_3220.JPG

DSC_3221.JPG

Put together:

DSC_3223.JPG

Re-installed on the car:

DSC_3225.JPG

DSC_3227.JPG

Much better in my opinion.

Yeah right :-P When you finally gonna move to Portland so you can come help me with it?

I would be stupid not to! You will be one of the first to know once im up there, ill have to buy you a beer for all your help.

Wheels are looking great! This thing is going to be sweeeeett!

You will be one of the first to know once im up there, ill have to buy you a beer for all your help.

:cheers:

Kicking ass as usual, Cameron!

Thanks!

Got a good pic of the rear of the car? looks sweet with the blacked out panel

Cell phone pic from today:

206276_1733179608307_1203030776_31523946_20408_n.jpg

I was originally thinking I'd leave the emblems off for good, but now that Mattis is hooking me up with the bitchinest retro OEM emblem ever, they'll be going back on :)

I also got a chance to finish polishing the driver side and snapped all the trim back on that side too. So now the whole car is nice, glossy & shiny (well, as good as it's going to get at least). Which means, it's riiiiight about time to move to the engine bay :oogle:

Got bored tonight and went back into the garage again.

Stared at it for a while and then installed the new pair of window scrapers I got for it last week. The old ones were non existent. They'd dry rotted and the actual scraper section that is supposed to push up against the window had totally broken off on both doors so the doors had just a long open channel at the base of the windows where the scrapers were supposed to be. Much better now.

Motor is ready to pull -- just need to borrow a hoist from someone. Anyone local want a B21?

DSC_3244.JPG

I think this time I'll leave the trans in the car and pull the motor on it's own. Since I'll be sticking with the M46 seems easier to leave it in there and ratchet strap it to the firewall to support it.

a 16v vert mounted would look really good.;-)

That it would. Added work (not that I mind that part really) & parts though that are just unwarranted for this particular project. I'm not going to let this one cascade too much -- my wagon takes care of that impulse fine already.

Back