• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rocker switch alternative

DME

vague member
I'd like to run some accessories using the factory switch locations. I understand that the OE "blank" switches are unobtanium, and I don't like the idea of having a bunch of REAR DEMIST switches. Is there an aftermarket or Volvo alternative from another model that fits in the factory blanks?

Gracias

The later 240 A/C switch can work too...just find one that has the white marking rubbed off so it's just a "blue-lighted" switch.
dxXlHw

I'd like to run some accessories using the factory switch locations. I understand that the OE "blank" switches are unobtanium, and I don't like the idea of having a bunch of REAR DEMIST switches. Is there an aftermarket or Volvo alternative from another model that fits in the factory blanks?

Gracias

Check out the rockers offered at waytekwire.com as an alternative if you can't find another drop in (snap in) substitute. These folks cater to the custom vehicle wiring market. School buses, and ambulances come to mind.

I've installed smaller aftermarket switches into blanks (not a Volvo in the pictures but works the same)

Switches2.jpg

Switches1.jpg

If I remember correctly, a lot of big rigs and construction equipment use them as well. They're usually the ones like the 1973-80 switches, so the whole switch is a certain color. Alternatively, search for "Mera rocker switch" and they may come up. Mera is the brand name of most of the switches used in the late 140's and the 240's, etc.

-J

Late model seat heater,ac, and fog light switch. Then get the custom stickers from someone on this board. I forget his name.

I've installed smaller aftermarket switches into blanks (not a Volvo in the pictures but works the same)

Switches2.jpg

Switches1.jpg
I've done this as well, found some small rocker switches with LEDs in them, just dremeled a hole in faceplate and installed.
I paid couple bucks each for them, I do keep a spare or two for when they go bad, but so far so good, couple of years

Volvo used crappy ink all over the place, it's pretty easy to clean it off the switches, especially when you don't want to. You can get transparent waterslide film on which you can print anything you want using an ordinary laser printer. I use the stuff to make decals for my RC airplanes.

~90's DAF truck switches look to be an almost match - just slightly more roundy looking and grey colour instead of black.

They nearly fit in - just would need a sand on the sides I think.

Back