• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brown 244 GL

Awesome work.

Thanks! :)

Loong hours of bondoing and hand sanding later, windshield area, rear lip and rear door got a thick coat of epoxy. I'm planning just flatting the orange peel with 600 grit and be done with them. Or at least i hope they dont need another layer of surfacer in this cold season.

I think I kinda got in the groove, feels good to be able to do such things on my own.
Quarters and front door is the next this week.

Last edited:
Well it always takes more time than i think...

Anyways, had a bit of struggle with sanding the quarters, one point i said i let the painter guy do the rest... But then my friend came, we sorted out the mess in the garage, and finally gave me the motivation to finish these:

I think its not bad at all, and I still dont have a da sander, so its 100% handwork.
I hope I can paint the car this year with the awesome brown acryl.

Brakes are getting zinc coated and a bunch of other things too.
Pulled the fuel system from the blue car and already put it under this car, now only the fuel tank needs paint after i get it back from the sandblaster.

Sorted out the leaking diff cover issue, welded the bastard... Then Arn02 wrote me a letter that he has a spare, so it looks like I'll have a nice alu cover bolted on instead of the leaky steel one.
Thanks so much! :cheers:

Last edited:
Well, january was super cold, so i could not do too much on the car itself.
I mainly did assembly work in the room and fixing the wiring, connecting LH into the original loom, finishing cluster...
Brakes assembled:

Had a bit of trouble with rear caliper rebuild kits, as they were for ATE calipers... Pistons are just a bit smaller and they move too easily in the bores. Sourced some useable pistons from the browns original front calipers...

Repaired tank senders broken connector in my own way... Used the third pipe for the wiring.

Main harness was fun to work on, fixed a lot of shady splicing, replaced oxidized pins, wired some LH stuff in...

Connecting a few wires was not that hard, at all, i pretty much think it will start on first try. :cool:

Finished the electric cluster conversion, needed to enlargen the trip meter opening a bit to the right to see the 100m roller. Not sure about white needle or not...

Put in a shift up indicator:

But i have a strange feeling it wont work, or at least we will see... Does it need a relay?
If it not works, or its ****ty, I will make it a redline indicator. :lol:

Put on the fuel tank, all the brakes:

Then good weather came and i quickly got to the point that i want to see it in paint. Well guys, paint booth is finally getting rented on this weekend, and i will paint the heck out of the car!!!
Few parts needed some rust treatment and epoxy layer:

Also on a few places metal/bondo showed trough because sanding:

But these are really the last ones... On friday it will get its last sanding before topcoat, on saturday i'll bring it to the booth.
Pushed it outside, cleaned it a bit... I still love this color and car! :love:

Fabbed up quickly a steering column mount to be able to properly steer the car to the trailer. :lol:

Thats it for now guys, I hope i can show you the painted car next week! I cant wait!

Last edited:
Its finally painted! Its nice cause the painter guy sprayed it with a good gun and a lot of experience... He gave me the gun but i gave it back cause i did not want to screw it up. :)

Got a lot of help by my buddies in masking, transporting the car.

Now all i need to do is quickly assemble it till 15. of April. :cool:
Then I can start look for untouched rustfree left doors and fenders, and give them this color too. Of course once money allows... But I guess finding these is harder.

Last edited:
Funny that you would paint the entire car knowing you are missing to panels. Good luck with the hunt. I guess putting it back together will keep you busy enough.

Well, yeah... I ran out of motivation to cut&weld&prep the left doors and fenders... They are in a pretty bad shape, but still holding up with a little touch up.

Well, it looks pretty nice outdoors, I'm glad i got the upper part of the quarters painted :cool:

Dont get me wrong on not spraying the whole car... This whole paint thing started out like i just wanted to spray the repaired pieces by myself, i did not want to mess up other panels with my crappy spraying. (and im still on budget)
Then this booth thing came up, and i still thought i will spray it with my gun... Then fortunately the painter guy was kind enough to help me, and sprayed it with his own pro gun. This way the whole paint came out way better than i expected it. Still not perfect but damn it looks nice. :omg:

And as i see how nice the paint is, i already started fixing that right front wing, and will get it sprayed in a few months. This way at least the right side will look good, and only the left side needs some attention in a few years. :nod:

Instead you painted the engine compartment?:uh:

Well, look, the engine bay was super ****ty, paint chipped from everywhere, rust, oxidized zinc and so on.
And the trunk lid still looks neato, it needs a cut&polish and will shine. And the aforementioned reasons in my previous post #171

Great job on the body work man. The rear quarters look factory new and the paint looks great!

Thanks! :cool:
Even the painter guy said i did a pretty good job as a first timer. I love how smooth it looks compared to prep works done with DA sander only. I'm pleased its totally presentable.

A LOT have been happened by the way on the last week.

Engine wiring was fitted, cabin wiring was fitted&sorted, firewall all sealed up, wiper, blower and dash jumped in, installed the driveshaft, new cooling radiator, NOS 65amp bosch alternator, fresh coolant...
New e-bay heater valve, has the correct stroke for the cable operation, works niiceee.

Good news that the engine runs and sounds pretty good at operating temperature, LH starts up on first try. (i only heard this engine run for a short time when it was cold and without coolant)
Power steering works nicely too, needs a flush to end it up but i could spin the steering wheel with one finger.

All my wiring works fine, electric speedo conversion works but had a bit of problem with trip/odo... Two screws which secure the stepper motor simply press the shafts together with too much of a pressure so it stops spinning... Put there two small washers and works like a charm.

Tank sender had a little problem too, the signal wire had a faulty heat shrink which grounded it and sent the needle to the sky... Fixed that too, its not even hard to remove the lock ring with a hammer and a crowbar. :rofl:

Installed ISO connectors for the radio yesterday. So now i even have a working radio. :-P
Even got the brakes bleeded now and it holds the pressure nicely, no spongy feeling even with vacuum in the booster so i think not too much bubbles were left in the system.

I'll take some fresh pictures in daylight how it looks.

Last edited:
Just busting chops. You did an excellent job on that car. Over here that car would've been in the scrap yard. Great welding skills. Engine looks good in that bay.It will be nice to see it again with e-codes and wipers. plus the interior was in very good shape too.

Just busting chops. You did an excellent job on that car. Over here that car would've been in the scrap yard. Great welding skills. Engine looks good in that bay.It will be nice to see it again with e-codes and wipers. plus the interior was in very good shape too.

Hah :)
Thanks btw!

I almost forgot about e-code wipers... I need to refurbrish those. Thanks for reminding me. :-P

As I've waited too long for my fuel pump relay to show up from an other volvo guy here, I created my own.
Here it is how it starts up and runs:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7YdTy3Gy2gg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Of course this will be my spare relay once i get the proper one...

In this month i started assembling the interior, front end, rear end. Every little bit needed some elbow grease to make it acceptable.
Started with the headliner, i wanted to wash the whole thing. First attempt was not good, we could not wipe off the washing gel&water from the texture. My buddy came up with the idea of spraying the surface down with clean water from the paint gun. It came out beautifully.
Removed all the handles from my cars and managed to create 3 pretty nice units from these.

Original Volvo sun visor clips needed some trimming to get the mounting surface flat... I dont even know why it does not have a straight surface, but it seems like thats the reason for them to crack and tear apart.

Put on the right doors. Im pleased of the look, of course it has some wavyness i left there as a first timer. :oops:

Wet vacuumed the nice tan seats and floor carpets... Holy hell the floor carpets took a lot of effort to get them clean, but at least they lost that really old car smell which choked me on hot summer days... :freak:

Putting 1,6liters of 75w90 synth diff fluid in the 3.54 highway cruiser axle :-P

Then my buddy bought a B200FT... He has two turbo engines now with the associated important parts, so who knows, brownie may get a +T in the future?! :lol:

Cleaned and regreased the headlight wipers:

Had a slight issue with aligning the gears, but it was straightforward once i understood it completely.

Glued together a replated e-code bucket with the glass for the left side, as i had two faded/rusty left ones and two good right ones.

So now the front end mainly buttoned up, commando bumper shimmed, only needs the fenders touched up and the corner lights.

Gonna leave that Lambda sond badge, makes the grille look symmetrical.

Of course the right headlight wiper skipped a few teeth and now it stops at the top. :lol:
I hope it wont do it often. :D

Last edited:
Back