• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wtf is happening

Qualifying vs Quantifying.

Indeed. Different tools for different jobs.

I am starting to use my LED test light more and more. Recently, I confirmed an ECU controlled circuit with a bidirectional scan tool and my LED test light and confirmed the power wire was good and the PWM low reference side was good. Condemning solenoid!

I am starting to use my LED test light more and more. Recently, I confirmed an ECU controlled circuit with a bidirectional scan tool and my LED test light and confirmed the power wire was good and the PWM low reference side was good. Condemning solenoid!

I have a really nice meter with sweep, record, min/max, etc. (So this obviously biases my approach to diagnosis).

It was a (incredibly useful) gift from my dad when I started working on cars. The scope I bought for myself was not as useful...

Anyway, there are more ways than one to peel a banana :-)

I just got a large jaw amp clamp to connect to oscilloscopes to do relative compression testing. Next time I suspect a dead hole deep in an engine and I don't wanna pull the plugs...busting out the scope!

I still maintain that a cheap test lamp is a better tool for measuring B+ power to a component such as a tank fuel pump. OP could measure 12v on a Fluke meter and the pump still may not operate.

Back