• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2017 East vs West Competition.

Still chasing down 11's on a stock motor. Went out to Tulsa yesterday and nailed down 12.90@101 with no gas. Tried to make a second pass on the bottle, launched it like it was going to make the pass of its life and blew the rear cam seal out, oil blew everywhere and I shut it down thinking I popped the motor. Probably done for the year now.

I tried to get the R out there for some fluff points, but the track was rained out all December.

It's a little embarrassing that I'm the fastest one to submit for the west coast.

Hopefully 2018 for the 12's...

Don't remind me. I didn't go out enough this year, and when I did, I did a bad job and didn't have traction to do a decent launch.

My local track is closing after this year, so I'm buying some slicks for the upcoming season. I should get into the 12's. My goal is the 11's with e85.

If all goes well you guys from the West coast are going to get creamed again in 2018 for sure!! How ironic that is that the some of the best times will be coming from the snow belt area! :-P

Afaik, there aren't any quarter mile tracks within a couple hours of me unfortunately.

come down for SE in may and run.

If all goes well you guys from the West coast are going to get creamed again in 2018 for sure!! How ironic that is that the some of the best times will be coming from the snow belt area! :-P

only some. Still waiting for something compelling :-P

Dang I forgot all about this! Looks like I would have had the fastest time of the year for the east, this year should be much quicker, I'll have to remember to post up haha.

Last edited:
And thanks for the reminder...
I will start a new thread for the 2018 competition. I'm sure some Arizona dessert folk are tearing down the quarter mile as we speak!

-- pause for my excuses.
I only have slow and not running Volvos now.

And thanks for the reminder...
I will start a new thread for the 2018 competition. I'm sure some Arizona dessert folk are tearing down the quarter mile as we speak!

-- pause for my excuses.
I only have slow and not running Volvos now.

What's an Arizona dessert? A sand cake?

I made a few good passes in '17 but none in a Volvo. Maybe I'll throw some Volvos down the 1/4 this year time permitting.

Track in town may be closing its doors. Next closest track is well over an hour away assuming there's no traffic, but there usually is, putting it around 2 hours each way. Might mean the end of my 1/4 times.

Track in town may be closing its doors. Next closest track is well over an hour away assuming there's no traffic, but there usually is, putting it around 2 hours each way. Might mean the end of my 1/4 times.

same here... seems to be the holdup for me, no trailer so if I break it, well I'll have to find a way to get it out to the hwy so AAA doesnt throw a fit... Then its 1.5hrs no traffic. Theres the 1/8th in Madras, so 2-2.5 for that. But we might be getting the green light to do monthly arm drop 1/8th drags at the airfield across the river.

Been that way for a while on my end, one 1/4 is 2 hrs one way, the other is 3 hrs one way. 1/8th is closer to 1hr one way; Getting harder to do this as time goes on.

Back