• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1984 B23F to B21FT (KJet to LH2.2)

VolvoPrince

So I'm about to transplant an 83 B21FT into my 84 245 with a B23F. I have everything I need I think (the guy who sold me the engine gave me literally everything from his car plus some). I want to convert the KJet system to LH2.2, which is in my car right now. What else do I need to do this?

I took a look, what is the EZK wiring for? I was going to take my 160 head off my B23 and fit it to my B21FT I just bought since the 398 head on it has the KJet Ports, plus I would need to rebuild the 398 head since it hasn't been and my 160 has. I plan on taking my distributor and other parts like the intake manifold with rail and injectors, idle control valve, mass airflow, and a few other parts on the new motor. Won't that work?

..... I want to convert the KJet system to LH2.2, which is in my car right now. What else do I need to do this?

My son went down this road to perdition..... fought various LH2.2 parts, ECUs, and the performance was random & poor. Frustrated with it, he ripped out the LH2.2, bought & built a MS1 from Megasquirt, built a wiring harness on a Saturday and had it running Saturday night.

I've heard similar laments from folks attempting to use LH2.2. For my money, MS and TunerStudio is a slam dunk.... and you'll learn a couple things while your at it :nod:

I made 209hp and 233ft.lbs to the wheels with lh2.2 wEZK and brown top injectors. The EZK is a computer controlled ignition linked to the fuel computer that retards the timing when knock it detected, this feature is not available with the regular breakerless ignition

Back