• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I've increased rotational inertia and unsprung weight but don't really mind at all...

woo. Test drive=success! They work awesome, the bias is great with the prop valve at its lowest setting-57%, but if I find a runway I'll do more testing. Definitely needs a bigger MC. The feel is rad, and they stop smooth (and quiet, woo for OEM Ferrodos!), its just spread over a long pedal throw. Shame that the MC is brand spankin new, but them's the...brakes. AHAHAHA, I kill me.

edit:// and they look tremendously badass behind the rimps :rofl:

no doubt...calipers are calipers. i going to need a brake upgrade for my volvetto...after my heads, cam , and intake this spring. that set-up looks great but i don't think my 16" borbets will clear. oh well, i'll have to figure out a 13" set-up.

no doubt...calipers are calipers. i going to need a brake upgrade for my volvetto...after my heads, cam , and intake this spring. that set-up looks great but i don't think my 16" borbets will clear. oh well, i'll have to figure out a 13" set-up.

Chris's brakes need rims with a 17" ID to clear.

The knuckle's actually a forging. They're not Cadillac per se anyway, they're just Brembos:-P

There you go. The brake manus supply items for tons of different OE's. When I swapped front ends on my RF600 (using '90 a GSXR-750 front end), I didn't have to buy the calipers as a mate gave me his from a wrecked ZX-7R! Nissen pimps out the goods to a ton of different buyers in Japan.

92701641.jpg

now thats a ****ty picture woo

Sweet man. Good to hear the MC bleed at least helped! :rockon:

I'm interested to see my my pedal feel is- I don't think I have increased the piston area much so hopefully it's ok.

edit: it just registered that my caliper may be exactly the same as your internally (14" 4-piston brembo GT kit). I didn't get the feeling that the pistons were tons bigger than 240 caliper pistons.

Are the rotors 355x32mm?

edit: it just registered that my caliper may be exactly the same as your internally (14" 4-piston brembo GT kit). I didn't get the feeling that the pistons were tons bigger than 240 caliper pistons.
They may not be that much better. I think it's a combination of the fronts being a little bigger in effective piston size, the rears being a little bigger, and the 960 MC just having a small piston--there's a lot of travel (and no feel, really) with all the stock stuff, so the upgrade just made everything worse

Are the rotors 355x32mm?

Yup

Makes sense Poi.

Cool they are 355x32, that means out systems are quite similar. You might be able to find some 2-piece Gran Tourismo calipers that fit and help with the weight. I half watch ebay for some...

Back