• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

lol, what the bumper?

Acid8000 said:
How do you avoid Tiny rocks flyin up and chippin wings on the intercooler? Good idea and great space saver, but I think its gonna get damaged pretty quicly :omg:
well, a plastic grill with huge slits doesn't protect anyhting:-P it doesn't need it, the worst the will happen is a couple fins get bent

First, dear lord that looks sweet.

Second, would the low-cowling bumper styles on the newer FWD volvos protect that better? I'm thinking of my mom's s80, and that front piece goes down pretty low...

You'll totally want to put some kind of bar infront of it though, man. I'd hate to see all of this work run off with a curb...

Gizmo said:
First, dear lord that looks sweet.

Second, would the low-cowling bumper styles on the newer FWD volvos protect that better? I'm thinking of my mom's s80, and that front piece goes down pretty low...

You'll totally want to put some kind of bar infront of it though, man. I'd hate to see all of this work run off with a curb...
there's going to be an additional support under the IC, but thats not gonna help if i nail a curb. I'll jsut not hit any curbs:-D

the poi said:
52714878.jpg
looks like that crx with the turbo sticking out if the hood

:waits for the finished product:

acbarnett said:
so much for the sleeper effect...
:rofl: No joke! Definitely can't wait for the finished project...

Chris, are you going to take some vids of the open turbo anytime soon? :twisted: (with the car on of course)

the poi said:
I'll fix the unattractive "fangs/buckteeth" tomorrow, after i sleep off my turkey coma!

I might be way off, it's always hard to have an accurate spatial idea from pics, so ignore me if I'm out of it, but would it help to rake the ic so that the bottom edge is moved inward?
Just thinking it might slightly increase ground clearance and allow for less radical body mods.

Good thinkin Kenny! That does sound like a great idea... Now if only it's that easy? I guess we'll find out when the Poi awakes from his full slumber. I, am about to lie down for mine, buut only get to snooze for 5.5 hours, as we're doing an early morn j/y run... :-D

foggyjames said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This car is going to be disturbingly awesome when finished. How about an earlier model S70R/V70R bumper modified (a-la Nick Choy)....perhaps easier to find?

cheers

James
thats exactly what I'm doing:) I'm getting Pat's busted ol' bumper--hopefully I'll be able to get some life out of it. then it'll be fiberglas-fiberglas-fiberglas.....

kenny-- there's no room behind the IC for any raking, and because its so thick, i'd actually lose clearance at any angle less then maybe like 45*. in any case, this is just semi-permanent, cause once I get the R lip and some spare time, I'll get to work making the new bumpa!

Back