• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 how about this one? 240 wagon for sale

Nice looking car overall. Interior weak but replaceable. Paint matters and this would probably be a 10+ footer.

2769f023-ed13-4f48-877e-5cf573acdf71.jpg

. . . but I might be a little prejudice.

Probably about as good as you are going to find in a 34 year old car.

$3,000 asking might be negotiated down a bit.

Last edited:
OP, that’s BOAT LOADS more reasonably priced than that red 745 you posted. An old 240 can easily pull $3k in good condition. Not so much a 7/9.

I’ve never owned an older 240 like that one. Appears to be EFI but not lh2.2, something older maybe. See if he has some wiggle room. Good looking car.

Find the best condition car that you can. Rust free and good paint or you'll end up regretting it. Interiors and mechanicals can always be fixed relatively easy.

he told me if I drive out to Sonora I could have the car for $2,700 - if he has to meet me somewhere, the price is firm. So we're going for a drive today. ;-)

Sounds like a good $2400 car. Everything is a negotiation.

small center cap and acorn lug nutz is my favorite corona look. The ufo discs hub caps never really worked for me. Those cleaned up great. Enjoy.

Last edited:
A little Detergent 600 will clean up any Corona nicely. These were cleaned not refinished.

^Just takes a long time. Hmmm, MX4 tires? Hopefully those are less than 20,000 miles old. Had a set on a set of Corona rims on our '85 245DL. 20,000 miles, nice bulge in the tread on all four tires. Tires had an 80K mile treadwear warranty. Replaced them with a set of 195/70R14 Dunlop D60A2 tires (Tim Takahashi's favorite tires, second to the old school Continential CH51's).

-J

Nah then you can't walk, you gotta go look at it in person.

They always look like what you want to see in the CL pictures, but almost never are.

Right but it also tells you what kinda seller the guy is. The seller seems pretty useless. Can't even clean the car and then still is asking for a higher than average price..and then not willing to drive even a lil ways to sell the car to another Volvo enthusiast. Id say stay in touch with he seller till he in a financial need then strike

Right but it also tells you what kinda seller the guy is. The seller seems pretty useless. Can't even clean the car and then still is asking for a higher than average price..and then not willing to drive even a lil ways to sell the car to another Volvo enthusiast. Id say stay in touch with he seller till he in a financial need then strike

Ya but most folks in the real world value their time at more than 17? / hr so there's that to consider.

YES man we think alike. I always snatch up the volvos when they break down and the owners are tired of staring at them:lol:

?Need gone asap, moving out of state?

Be right there with $250....

Back