• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Raleigh/Durham Track Day?

EivlEvo

I bring no information, but I want to try and get my car (our cars) into a situation where something can break lol.

Does anyone know of, or have interest in participating in a track/HPDE type event? Where does one do such things down here?

Closest place I can think of around here is VIR about 1 1/2 hour drive north of Raleigh, or Charlotte MS.

Last edited:
I'm down for whatever. We could do a drag strip day and stack the EvW thread over in performance. VIR is awesome, need to get an oil cooler on the 2jz before heading there.

I think there's also Carolina Motorsports park...

Are there any 1/4 mile drag strips near here? I thought they were all 1/8th mile ****e.

Rockingham would be the closest and they are pretty cheap, $25 for test and tune, but there are a few others as well.

Isn't the rock a super small circle track? iirc it being like one of the steepest NASCAR tracks no?

NVM... I looked into it. 1/4 mile. Like 1.5 hrs away. I'm not wholly against such a thing.

FWIW, Rockingham has both a drag strip and a nascar track. Across the street from each other. There's also Fayetteville Dragway (aka. FayettNam), but depending on the day it can be a little sketch down there.

FWIW, Rockingham has both a drag strip and a nascar track. Across the street from each other. There's also Fayetteville Dragway (aka. FayettNam), but depending on the day it can be a little sketch down there.

We drive "fast" Volvos... everything we do should be super sketchy.

Are people more into the test and tune quarter mile stuff or the road course HPDE type stuff?

Turthfully, I was thinking VIR but it seems pricey and I'm not sure where to begin...

Is anyone on TB even a little bit NOT sketchy? We went to a cookout and got poop stickers. I rode in a yellow kei car convertible with another man!

Joyous!

drag racin and stuff

"We drive "fast" Volvos... everything we do should be super sketchy."

^very quotable, should be on a TurboBricks tshirt.

Back when I was dialing up the boost on my 740Ti I made the pilgrimage to Rockinham.
14.3 was my best time (with an automatic) after many passes and silly boost levels. Blew up 2 or 3 gear one trip then blew up my IRS rear diff the last time I went. Flat bed tow back to Raleigh wernt cheap and cooled my dragstrip fever.

So like I tell my off roadin friends who drive to Ure, beat the crap out of their rigs, then expect said rig to carry them back home: there is a high potential of breaking something that requires a $pensive ride back home.

Top of the line AAA membership is worth 100 miles.

I guess its like going to the beach, fun but you might get burnt.

we need a local trailer that the group can borrow when needed lol. I'm selling my truck or i'd volunteer to be the emergency ride home vehicle

I can provide the emergency ride home vehicle/tool truck, once i finish this emergency brake job on it.

Back