• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 242 2,5 16v widebody build

Holy crap what a thread!.. I know you guys in Norway have some long ass winters to fill but bloody hell!....sooo impressed! I'd kill for your paint room by the way....must gets one of those at some point..lol.

lifted the engine Block and gear inn today, and cut out a hole for the shifter! and starting making the rear gearbox mount tomorrow!

had to adjust the lower support frame a little, as the Mid Vally Box is quite low! and also fabed a simple gearbox Mount

favorite 242 thus far!

any build threads for your 89 twin turbo quattro car?

thanks!

i dont have a build tread on the Audi, its just a car i had some fun With :p

milled Down the pistons for a 9:1 comp and used 2 garreth Tb0363 turbos from volvo and a Nira I3 ecu! thats about it.. lay down 386 hp and 640 Nm at 0,5 bar boost :p
broke the Auto tranny in less then 2 months :p i then bought a 6 speed A6 2,5 tdi manuel Box and a 950nm clutch! so when the volvo is finished ill bring the Audi to my garage and ripp the engine back out.. i think some H rods New turbos and 1,5 + bar should make it interesting? that is, as long as it dosent put out more then 950-1000nm (clutch you know)

it makes a Nice sound to :p

There are a couple nice old V8 Quattros around here, always like seeing them. One is driven by an old guy who bought it new and still pays a ton to get it serviced at the Audi dealer!

Last edited:
started putting together my engine Block :)

Rods are centered in the piston end, so i had to adapt some washers! (i love my lathe) :p

was on a roadtrip to Sweden today :) picked up a few Things from Myranesracing (.com)

2 anti roll bars :p
steeringwheel (deep)
oil cooler
t4 gasket

also orderd some other stuff that ill recive in about 2 weeks :)

...what are you going to do with this monster when it's done. i mean i don't care because it's awesome, but one wonders.

Back